Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics 9000 CoinComputer

richbat

I made a post up in the Teknetics forum and guess i should of posted it here instead.Got some of my questions answered and thanks to those who replied.Anyways here's the story,was at a local flea market and picked up a Teknetics 9000 the one with the LCD display,the machine is very clean and powers up nicely and everything seems to be ok,now i took it out the other day and for some unknown reason it didn't seem to want to GB right or maybe it was just me,don't know.Anyways should i keep this machine and maybe send it into Kieth Wills [sp] or is it not worth the time or am i maybe just doing something wrong?It's really a nice looking machine for as old as it is but maybe not as good as the A/B models.Rich

We can work on the ground balancing after you get the manual, its probably fine.
You have to ground balance in GB mode, then switch back to GB Disc to search.
Use the preset ground balance,
Turn the mode control to "GB" and find a clean spot in the ground "No Metal".
Raise the search coil in the air maybe waist high and lower back on the ground over the clean spot and listen to the threshold tone (be sure you have a running tone during the ground balance adjustment)
If the tone increases then turn the ground balance control CCW a little, raise the coil in the air push and release the pin-point/mode button then lower the coil back to the ground. If the tone decreased then turn the ground balance control CW and raise the coil in the air, push the pin-point/mode button and lower the coil back to the ground.

You may have to raise and lower the coil a few times to get the ground balance set correctly.
Just remember each time you raise the coil in the air to reset it to the new adjustment by pushing and releasing the pin-point button.

I just sent you two emails with the manual in two different formats, the last one is a PDF file.

Mark