Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics G2+

Yes, and I have the Fisher, Gold Bug Pro, who just released the F19. What I don't understand is why didn't Fisher & Teknetics make the unit waterproof?

ldweber51 said:
Yes, and I have the Fisher, Gold Bug Pro, who just released the F19. What I don't understand is why didn't Fisher & Teknetics make the unit waterproof?

because Garrett already makes them with the AT Pro & AT Gold....

actually, that would be a major commitment that could very well be problematic....and they do just fine selling what they have....

I agree that it could very well be problematic. But not everyone wants a AT Pro. Waterproofing the G2 - Gold Bug Pro series would be a + for a number of reasons.

Glad they stuck with the pistol grip design. The 11 inch coil looks strange with camo paint. G2+ is a good name instead of trying to pass it off as something completely new.

I've had the G2 when they came out and loved it but alas I let it go in a trade. Worst move I've ever made. I'm trying the AT Pro now. Hands down the G2 will beat it. THe only real plus I see with the AT Pro is waterproof to 10'. If they made a G2 or GB Pro with waterproofing it'd be the hottest seller since the F75 o T2. A real winner. IMO the At Pro is over hyped but a huge seller for Garrett just because its waterproof. The depth isn't there like the G2. But thats my opinion after owning both. I'd love to have a G2+.

So the G2+ is a Fisher F19 with an 11" coil and different ergos. I've had the G2 the GBP and the F19. I personally like the F19/GBP ergos better than the G2 and use the 11" coil from the GBP most of the time on my F19. Between the three, there's a combo that will work for most everyone.

Question for those in the know. Will there be an upgrade available to G2 owners to the G2+ similar to the T2 factory upgrade that is going on now? I love my G2 but everything can be improved on.

I don't understand. Everything that we hear and seen written implies the G2+ is the same as the F19 but with different egomaniacs. So I'm wondering what is there to test? Is it or is it not the same?

I emailed Teknetics today to see if they were offering an upgrade for my existing G2. They said one was not available and that I would have to purchase the G2+ if I wanted one with the new features.

Hey guys...I just uploaded a video of the unboxing of the Teknetics G2+ LTD...however, rules here don't allow me to post a link to the video...

If you happen to be on Youtube and search for Saving History, you can probably find it though. It looks like it going to be a great relic hunter.

Greg

scdigger said:
Hey guys...I just uploaded a video of the unboxing of the Teknetics G2+ LTD...however, rules here don't allow me to post a link to the video...

If you happen to be on Youtube and search for Saving History, you can probably find it though. It looks like it going to be a great relic hunter.

Greg

nice video, appreciated.....the G2+ flyer shows the poles being 'camo' painted also but yours are black? I prefer the black ones so hope this is how they will ship.

I'll move the armrest from my G2 and use my white 5x10 and the only camo left will be the housing! works for me....

El said:
I don't understand. Everything that we hear and seen written implies the G2+ is the same as the F19 but with different egomaniacs. So I'm wondering what is there to test? Is it or is it not the same?

The G2+ has the adjustable ferrous audio which the f19 doesn't have. It appears that the G2+ is a combination of the G2, F19, and Eurotek Pro.