Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Gamma 6000 wireless headphones solution?

auximenes

Just wondering if anybody has had any luck with a wireless headphone rig for a Teknetics Gamma 6000 or similar detector. I tried a pair that used an RF transmitter and they caused way too much interference. I linked them below. I wasn't expecting anything grand out of a cheap set like these, but they were completely unusable.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21443_Absolute-DigitAL.html

A subject that has been discussed a lot over the past few years.

So used to be the Auvio series were good as they used a no lag RF transmitter much like the TDK's do. So..no lag but Auvios aren't made anymore but the TDK is however expensive and some do not like the smallish earcups on the TDK.

The current option is Bluetooth. Problem is all have lag of some kind. The Rappo transmitter headset combo has about the least lag....and I have tested a ton of different setups for BT. There are also a few other BT transmitter headphone combos that work ok...but trying to buy a transmitter and find a headset combo that does not lag too much can be hit and miss....and trust me I have a pile of hit and miss. Rapoos work as good as it can get with BT so far.

The faster your detector responds the more the lag may bother you. I do not find it too bothersome with most Teknetics and Fishers....yah there is a fraction of a second of lag but not enough to cause me any issues. Again..as long as you have a low lag BT setup. Get one with a lot of lag and it is unusable and again hard to list all the combo's of transmitters and headphones....

Like I first mentioned the design of the TDK/Auvio's were the best for no lag but are hard to find and also I find the transmitters break easy especially the Auvios.

Thanks. I've been trying to stay away from Bluetooth, due to the inherent delay.

Probably the only set available still would be the TDK WR700's as far as I know. TDK on ebay

Now you can search for best price but seems just over $100.00 is best lately although I bought mine for around $70.00 last summer off of ebay.

There have been a few similar ones that have come and gone but use the Clear Technology that makes them so quick and clear sounding.

If you ever go this route my advice is this. Get the 1/8" headphone pigtail with volume control inline from Radio Shack. Two reasons..one is that sometimes the impedance does not match and the audio output from the headphone jack will overdrive the transmitter and make it sound scratchy. More so...that transmitter likes to break from getting bumped will plugged directly into the detector and you are screwed now. SO by putting a pigtail extension into the detector you can then place the transmitter safely somewhere on the control box where it isn't sticking out and getting whacked which WILL within ayear usually cause the transmitter to fail ( actually it breaks the connection inside the transmitter where the plug is soldered don to the board...guess how I know..:)