Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Mark 1 coil compatibility

straker

I remember the big bud series metal detectors were able to use the later First Texas Bounty Hunter coils,but I tried a newer Bounty Hunter 8" spider coil and it didn't work. For one,the connector was a little loose and the connector shaft length has a lot to be desired. Has the same thing happened to you? Maybe the Teknetics Mark 1 can only take the push and twist connectors? Any help would be appreciated. I'd be so grateful that I'll let you know where U.S. Gold coins come in on your Mark 1 meter.

He told me some modern loops will work.
For example:loops for new Tek units like the Omega-will push in-not turn, but work.
Aftermarket like Nel, Detech, Mars & others do work.
Efficiency on any though---ask around.
I think maybe Dave Johnson and some others may have posted about compatibility on some First Texas (Detector) forums.

Thanks for helping me. As promised,here is a reference chart for finding US Gold coins with a Mark 1 LTD or any '0-100' analog metered metal detector.

Teknetics Mark 1 will accept both types of connector (Push-turn & Push only) type.

And I agree, The Mark 1 and Mark III with push type connector it's short. Connector may disconnect out in the field if bumped, but it will work.

Another problem, If memory serves me right I believe Fisher added a dummy pin on some later coils. Instead of push-in 5-pin, it's a push-in 6-pin but one pin is a dummy. As long as the connector is push type, Removing the dummy pin then the coil work's with both older Bounty Hunter series and Older Teknetics models. Then, I heard they went to a threaded connector so that will require changing connector.

Sven posted below a Link to different types of coils for the Mark 1, with a special connector the older White's coils from same era of Teknetics the coils will work. One coil not pictured with the others was the 6" Shooter coil, it works well. Lost my last special connector, so recently replaced plug with a Teknetics Push-turn type on the 6" Shooter coil. Coil operates great with the Mark 1, but I recommend staying with the stock 7.5" Teknetics coil that coil is great for both small targets and gets decent depth. Plus, Lightning separation.

Don't go smaller than 7.5", unless you have a 6" Shooter coil. The 7.5" stock Coil is tough to beat, it's auctally better than the 6" Shooter coil. Anything smaller you're loosing depth, separation isn't really better with anything smaller in fact terrible. Especially the older Bounty hunter 4" concentric coil, it's a dog with the Teknetics Mark I or Mark III.

Good luck, and thanks for sharing the gold coin information.
Paul

I finally found a tek whites coil cord adpater and tried a whites 600 coil. All targets read a few numbers short. So much for using the newer bluemax coils? :(

Paul, your inputs on the subject are always a great asset to the md'ing community and fellow hobbyists.

I'll have to try a blue max 600 coil with my Mark 1, have 1 left. If memory serves me right, it's the earlier whites coils that work with the Mark 1. Khz was off a little, but not by much. The 600 Blue Max is off even more, I'll check and get back with you.

Paul

Thanks Tom for the kind words,

To be honest, I've forgotten so much I'm lucky if I can remember to put gasoline in my pickup. Twice, this year ran out of gasoline once out in the boonies.

Thanks again Tom,
Paul

I just purchased a used bigfoot coil for my Mark 1. It should be here next week. I am going to test it so see if it will work on the Mark 1. I have the teknetics to whites coil cord adapter. Any information would be appreciated on how the Jimmy Sierra 'Applied Creativity' loops work with the vintage Teknetics.

Update. The bigfoot coil only registers coins on the upper half of the coil. :confused: :(
Air test depth was very good. ID's correctly,but not happy as only half of the coil is functional.

I'm pretty sure on White's detectors in all metal mode top half of the big foot registers and in disc mode the whole coil registers. Might could be the other way around.

I seem to recall that there was something in the programming , on the Spectrum, that you had to punch in the commands settings, to make it detect the full length of the coil. But that was 25+ yrs. ago, so I can't remember now.

But I DO remember that even once you got it to detect the full length, that there was a weak spot right in the middle. And that despite the manufacturer's saying you didn't loose depth, I felt it wasn't as deep as stock coil. Eg.: If you could expect 8" on a dime with your stock coil, the Bigfoot only got you 6" or so.

JMHO