Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

teknetics mark 1

nam70

I've converted my Mark 1 to hipmount ,using the kit from factory,back in 1986. Unfortunatly,it wont power up anymore. I'm ready to throw in the towel and sell it all. Along with all cables and 10" and 4" White's coils .I'll even put the White's hipmount wands in.I have other machines but will miss this dime/silver grabber..I'm sorry if this was posted wrong.

Only one thing could cause it not to power up anymore, no power from the batteries getting to the circuit. Check to make sure you did not break a connection there.

Don't throw the towel in. That's one great vintage unit. Best audio ever
for a vintage machine. I love mine and use it often when I want a change
from one of my higher end machines. Just a great and fun machine to use
That machine can be repaired easily. Send it to the doctor in Texas. He'll
get her up and running like new. Hope you keep her because when she's
gone she won't be coming back. GOOD LUCK and may the Treasure Gods
smile upon you this year!
silverseeker 2

My machine fell from table on to ceramic tile floor. I thought it was over but this old girl refuses to die. I found a solder joint broken .Dodged another bullet. It's been beat up bad for all these years. It has every right to give me the finger but not yet..Yes,this machine is a solid hitter. The infinite tone ID is awesome..By the way, think I'll keep it just a little longer.:)

Man,
Glad to hear she's up and running again.Never say DIE!
My opinion of the Mark 1 (red box) detector is that it's
one of the Best ol' vintage detectors out there. I wasn't
detectin' when they were around new but picked one up
a few years back and I will not let this machine ever leave
my arsenal. Just a great unit. Congrats. on getting her
breathing again and you know she'll never let you down
Have many early Tek machines in my collection
and just like them. (7500,8000, 9000, 2 mark 3's, Eagle Pro,)
Some Ol' school detectors can still hang with some of
the big boys. JMHO
silverseeker 2

Silver-seeker, when you list those old Tek's, it was a "trip down memory lane".

I'll never forget when ....... in about 1983, a Teknetic's dealer , from a far-away city, came to speak to our club meeting. Now bear in mind that in 1983, TID was still new and revolutionary. So most of us in the room where only familiar with progressive-knob disc. Ie.: if you elected to knock out tabs, then you would automatically miss gold rings and nickels. This was just "taken for granted" as the cost of disc'ing out foil, tabs, etc....

However, picture this: the fellow doing a table demonstration in front of 25 or 30 md'rs. He waves a foil wad. It gives one sound. He waves a nickel. It gives another different distinct sound. Then he waves a gold ring. It gives a 3rd distinct different sound! We were all awe-struck! Several guys in that room rushed out to buy their own Tek's, thinking they were now finally going to get rich digging gold rings till their-arms-fell-off. While effortlessing leaving foil and tabs behind. I mean, it's hard to argue with proof like you'd JUST BEEN SHOWN, right ?

Needless to say, we all quickly got a dose-of-reality, when we learned that there's still a heck of a lot foil globs, tabs, can-slaw, etc.... that reads exactly like gold rings. Doh ! Still though, they were ahead of their time.