Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Mark Question

umax

I have the 1 & 3 Mark and has there been a 4 or 5 inch coil that will work with these detectors.

I have both Mark I and Mark III.

Yes, the old bounty hunter 4" coil and Whites 6" shooter coil. The 4" bounty hunter coil with the teknetics series is a dog, pass on this coil.

There may be a smaller Whites coil with an adaptor, but I would go with the Teknetics stock 7.5" instead. It's either 7.5" or 7.25" can't remember, the teknetics stock is a good coil. It'll get both separation and super sensitivity, trust me.

Paul

Yes i agree with Paul stick with the stock 7.25 coil . The six shooter coil mfg by Jimmy Sierra for Whites about 30 years ago are NOW rare and expensive. i have bought 3 over the years( all used around 70 to 80 bucks) and all suffer the same fate -- they will false --have an internal ground wire that is expoxied to the internal coil bottom --which comes loose --therefore falsing occurs . The coil also is easlily separated halves that you must reseal with silicone ( the OEM glue is more like a white caulk } My opinion of the internal components --looking poorly done --reciever and transmitter wiring on a rough cut styrofoam disc . i seen one Ebay a few months back -- a fellow had a six shooter starting bid of 300 bucks = not worth 10 bucks far as i am concerned

rljehart said:
Yes i agree with Paul stick with the stock 7.25 coil . The six shooter coil mfg by Jimmy Sierra for Whites about 30 years ago are NOW rare and expensive. i have bought 3 over the years( all used around 70 to 80 bucks) and all suffer the same fate -- they will false --have an internal ground wire that is expoxied to the internal coil bottom --which comes loose --therefore falsing occurs . The coil also is easlily separated halves that you must reseal with silicone ( the OEM glue is more like a white caulk } My opinion of the internal components --looking poorly done --reciever and transmitter wiring on a rough cut styrofoam disc . i seen one Ebay a few months back -- a fellow had a six shooter starting bid of 300 bucks = not worth 10 bucks far as i am concerned

You should try fixing that coil. I had to totally change out the shell on my old Wilson and it was a lot easier to do then I thought it would be. Bought the shell from https://sites.google.com/site/dbcoilshells/contact
He can make custom sizes for a bit more money.