Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Omega 8000 (Verison 5) Final Sweep :teknetics::detecting:

tabman

I went back over the same area that I detected yesterday with high hopes of finding a lot more silver coins using the deeper 11 inch DD coil instead of the Sharpshooter coil. Well that didn't pan out too well. The 11 inch DD coil wasn't working as smoothly and as quietly as the Sharpshooter coil. I finally switched back to the Sharpshooter and I'm glad that I did. After about a minute or so and the very first target that I dug using the Sharpshooter coil was 1941 Mercury Dime. I don't how I missed that dime yesterday. I also missed 6 wheat pennies and some clad coins. Anyhow I mostly had the sensitivity set around 70 to 80, 0 to 40 on the discrimination and using 4 tones.

tabman

Omega%201941%20Mercury%20Dime%20004_zpsoh5dpemg.jpg
Omega%201941%20Mercury%20Dime%20005_zpswdpmcwgb.jpg

Omega%201941%20Mercury%20Dime%20001_zpsenqkpuob.jpg
Omega%201941%20Mercury%20Dime%20008_zps3f1n7gtr.jpg

HighPlainsHunter said:
Very nice. I wish that it would stop raining here in North Texas so I can get out and hunt with mine...

I agree man this rain is really causing me to have some withdrawels

emubob said:
do you dig all the 80 and 90 responces,all i've found with them is bottle tops/crown seals.emubob

It depends on how loud they are. I'm not digging a screamer. If I get a faint audio and the ID numbers are around 80, I'm digging. A lot of wheat pennies and deep dimes that are on edge come in around 80 or lower.

tabman

Another great hunt! Must have missed this post yesterday - looks like that little coil gets great depth...do you think that 11" DD coil is faulty or was it an EMI issue?

CZconnoisseur said:
Another great hunt! Must have missed this post yesterday - looks like that little coil gets great depth...do you think that 11" DD coil is faulty or was it an EMI issue?

I think that the Sharpshooter just handles the EMI better and does better in trash.

When I get back from my fishing trip we'll have to hit that site together and compare target signals. I haven't hit the good part of the site yet.

tabman