Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Omega 8000 (Version 5) 4 Silver Coins/2 Barber Dimes And A Real Heartbreaker :teknetics::detecting:

tabman

Here are some pictures of today's hunt. I'm too wore out and hungry to tell all that happened. Maybe later on tonight.

tabman

Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20002_zpsuxsajtno.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20004_zpsobtk0q0a.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20007_zps6w3bdcyf.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20009_zpsv5tjxisk.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20011_zpsrrmjvm3v.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20014_zpsw2iopw6k.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20020_zpsyqur4xat.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20024_zpsdau7ohiz.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20026_zpsofqw93ec.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20029_zpsig7no4la.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20036_zpsudkkk0gy.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20042_zpsmymkoia7.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Coins%20034_zpsq78pfjo1.jpg

Post the details when you feel better - looks like a doozy of a hunt as usual! I spent 4 hours out today in a soggy field - can hardly move! Have to get back into shape again!

Looks like a great hunt!
By the way, they're is a newbie over in the F-series forum who is on a roll with finding silver coins, maybe he'll give you some competition LoL! Stop in and take a look at what he's been finding and give him a welcome to the forum.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2160763

Mark

MarkCZ said:
Looks like a great hunt!
By the way, they're is a newbie over in the F-series forum who is on a roll with finding silver coins, maybe he'll give you some competition LoL! Stop in and take a look at what he's been finding and give him a welcome to the forum.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2160763

Mark

He's on a roll alright! I'll have to put the the petal to metal. I only found 37 silver coins, 3 silver rings, and a gold wedding band in the month of January this year.

I laid off from detecting for nearly a month and a half. This starting back is killing me. I'm out of fight shape and every muscle I have is hurting.

tabman

Way to go tabman !!

Elton said:
Way to go tabman !!
Hey, Elton, how have you been doing with that Omega?

Mark

Thanks everyone! I got lucky again on this hunt. I started out at a site that I've hunted to death, because I wanted to make sure that I could find all the good targets with my array of detectors before pulling out one of my Tesoros for the final sweep to see what was missed if anything. Man, that site was a muddy sticky mess. I did manage to find a 1964 Rosie Dime at that site. I don't how I missed it before. I left there to go to hunt a older corner lot that was near by. Right off, I got a 1898 Barber Dime and that me pumped up. I grid searched the area to make sure that I got my coil over most of the site. Surprisingly, it wasn't muddy at all. Other than some nails giving off some grunts, there wasn't much trash. I decided to go back over a area that I already grid searched, but at a different angle the second time. It paid off, I found 1936 Washington Quarter. Three silver coins and looking for the forth one. I was carefully searching down a wall area and got a solid 55 on the display and the audio was smooth and steady. I just knew that I had a gold ring under the search coil. I didn't jump on digging it right off I just savored looking at the 55 ID number and listening to the smooth and steady audio. After a minute or so, I decided to dig. Being careful to cut the plug so not to damage the the target. I flipped the plug over and out pops a gorgeous shiny gold bracelet! Happy, Happy, Happy. I put it in my find's water bottle and kept on swinging with new energy and vigor. I saved the best area of the site to detect last. It was the area near the corner where people like to cut across or stand around. My hunch was right, I popped a 1899 Barber Dime. After nearly 5 hours of detecting I was ready to head for the house. When cleaning the finds when I got home I found out that the gold bracelet was plated. That was a real downer. I only found 7 Wheat Pennies (the earliest was 1919), but I did find a 1902 V Nickel. I was running full sensitivity, 4 tones, minimum discrimination, a combination of Boost and DE Mode and ground balancing 60/63 using the 11 inch DD coil. I was getting a little more EMI at the second site, but it wasn't all that annoying. I'm going back with the Sharpshooter coil to see how it compares handling the EMI. This new version 5 Omega sure is a silver hound.:detecting:

tabman

In your post Partial Quote ........................... " I was running full sensitivity, 4 tones, minimum discrimination, a combination of Boost and DE "

This setting you describe..... F75 ?? or Omega??

I didn't know the Big O had those settings you mentioned... ?????????????????????? I better look at mine again... I haven't really checked all the modes to be honest..

MarkCZ said:
Elton said:
Way to go tabman !!
Hey, Elton, how have you been doing with that Omega?

Mark

Just now getting warm enough, and hopefully dry enough to get out Mark.. So far only test garden hits.. I am pleased with the performance in tests..

I'm a WARM weather hunter...

Elton said:
In your post Partial Quote ........................... " I was running full sensitivity, 4 tones, minimum discrimination, a combination of Boost and DE "

I didn't know the Big O had those settings you mentioned... ?????????????????????? I better look at mine again... I haven't really checked all the modes to be honest..

Elton switching detectors everyday and sometimes using 2 or more detectors a day does get a bit confusing sometimes, especially when I'm posting when I'm worn out and tired. Scratch the the 'Boost and DE". You're good to have around to keep me straight. I want to see some pictures of your finds with your new upgraded Omega.:)

tabman

tabman said:
Elton switching detectors everyday and sometimes using 2 or more detectors a day does get a bit confusing sometimes, especially when I'm posting when I'm worn out and tired. Scratch the the 'Boost and DE". You're good to have around to keep me straight. I want to see some pictures of your finds with your new upgraded Omega.:)
tabman

You know tabman I've had up to as many as five detectors at one time and that really didn't work out very well for me at all (I know it does with folks), I mean three metered detectors at one time made it really hard to get really good with any one of them. Then I had the problem with no matter which one I was using I would feel the urge that I should be using one of the others. I think back on the days when I had ONLY one detector, I used it with no thought of going to get the other one, I made it work! I got good with it, it was like it was part of me, I knew its language. So, I'm not dropping off to only one detector but I am working on cutting back to only two units, which would actually give me three, I have a gift fisher 1266 that I don't really use but I don't want to part with it either.
So, I'm moving things around a bit, I just sold one detector and as much as I like my Omega I'm thinking I'll sell it and take the money from both and move into a single upgrade model, for sure a metered unit like a F70. That would give me the Tejon and the upgrade unit and if I can't find it with either one of those then it really is lost.
My brother Ron has also tried the multiple detectors and I pretty sure he is getting ready to cut back to one unit. My other brother Greg has ONE detector and that's an F5 he does great with it and every time out he gets better. Plus being out of work and really tight on money makes it hard to justify me having four or five detectors setting around with gobs of money in them.
So, tonight I'm going to clean up and take pictures of my old friend and get it ready for the market place.
Mark

tabman said:
Elton said:

tabman

Whew .I was about ready to send my version 6 back .... I could not find those modes ..glad that got cleared up ..........:rofl: