Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Omega 8000 (Version 5) Bringing Home The Silver :teknetics::detecting:

tabman

I think I found a good place today to find a bunch of silver coins. I don't think it's virgin ground but it sure hasn't been hunted hard. I was using the NEL Sharpshooter coil, sensitivity set at 80, discrimination set a 40 and 4 tones. My first silver coin find was a 1947 Rosie. I found it right off, so I knew that I found a good site to detect from the get go. I decided to grid off a small section of a much larger area. Finding 13 wheat pennies kept me spurred on to find more silver. My persistence paid off, I popped a 1957 Rosie. I figured if I could find two silver coins I could find three. It seemed like an hour or so went by without finding more silver, but there were lots of clad and wheat pennies to keep me busy. Finally I cornered a 1958 Rosie. It must have been on edge, it was giving a mixed wavy type signal. What the heck, if I can three silver coins, surely I can find four. It took a while but I finally got a deep bouncy high audio tone near a wall. It had just enough softness to the audio tone to make me want to dig. I dug down and popped a 1917 Mercury Dime. It was getting around noon time and I was getting tired and hungry, so I called it a day.

This Omega Version 5 sure is a sweet detector. I'm going back with the 11 inch DD coil and see if can get a little better depth.

tabman

Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20006_zpsudagewnh.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20009_zpspugnypto.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20010_zpseh5djioj.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20013_zps4ur3gs7v.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20014_zpsmca02xve.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20016_zpshdy2ovj5.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20019_zpsllcjkkva.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20021_zpskx8zlvsy.jpg

Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20004_zpsyrxxxseb.jpg
Omega%204%20Silver%20Dimes%20025_zpsfosxlist.jpg

Keep it up silverman, in a few days you'll have a new month to get a silver coin a day in again. You found more silver coins in this hunt than I have found all year.

coinhunterseth said:
Keep it up silverman, in a few days you'll have a new month to get a silver coin a day in again. You found more silver coins in this hunt than I have found all year.

It's all about location.

tabman

...now this is just getting ridiculous...

I'm starting to think my Omega is silver deaf lol

I'm convinced that nobody in my area used anything but pennies back before the clad! Congrats on the great finds.:clapping:

tabman said:
coinhunterseth said:

It's all about location.

tabman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tn must be loaded with Silver..All 'You ALL" find it in Memphis..

Elton said:
tabman said:
coinhunterseth said:

It's all about location.

tabman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tn must be loaded with Silver..All 'You ALL" find it in Memphis..

Memphis is LOADED with silver, the soil is for the most part soft and rock-free. There aren't many people who hunt this area as opposed to other cities that have a bigger tax base! Every time I've hunted private property in Missouri, there has always been silver and better-quality finds...every time! Curb strips and sidewalk strips are almost always hiding old coins - it surprises me every time almost...you'd think there wouldn't be coins in one area, but get a coil over it, and WOW!

Looks like you've found a sweet spot there with four dimes and 13 Wheats!!! Good to see you out killing it again! :clapping:

Nice Tabman! sounds like a great day with the Omega. Mine should be here tomorrow, with 8" concentric coil. After reading some of your post's I am planning to get the NEL Sharpshooter as well. Great job!