Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Omega 8000 (Version 5) First Real Hunt :teknetics::detecting:

tabman

I told Elton that I would take the new version Omega out for real hunt today and let him know what I thought about it. I'm dog tired right now and I will post the details later of the hunt and my thoughts on the new upgraded Omega. Also I'm totally frustrated! My email got screwed up and I've been fighting it for a couple of hours to get it back up and working again. I need to take a deep breath and calm down.:)

tabman

Omega%203%20Quarters%20003_zps6e05nnnu.jpg
Omega%203%20Quarters%20006_zpsr0taefya.jpg

Omega%203%20Quarters%20009_zpsnbcsazn3.jpg
Omega%203%20Quarters%20013_zpssqhu4ioc.jpg

Omega%203%20Quarters%20014_zpsoxsaz6dp.jpg
Omega%203%20Quarters%20018_zps4tmfafjo.jpg

Omega%203%20Quarters%20023_zpsxpfs8anv.jpg
Omega%203%20Quarters%20026_zpsvlfjymlx.jpg

Omega%203%20Quarters%20020_zpsorq4aids.jpg

Insane hunt! Congrats on the silver on the first voyage, and the ring! I have never found a silver Washington yet, so you suck :)

Where did you hunt today, tabman? Nice haul with some good silver.

Tabman: Talk to me about the NEL sharpshooter and how you like it on the Omega. I really want to get one for my version 4.

Thanks everyone!

It was a light misty rain early in the morning so I held off going to the first site until around 9:30. My settings - GB 60 with the Sharpshooter coil, minimum discrimination, 4 tones, sensitivity 85, a combination of boost mode and DE mode. Smooth sailing with very little EMI issues. I dug and dug and dug clad coins like there was no tomorrow. My back and legs were about to give out and I was making all kinds of grunt sounds getting up and down from recovering targets. That laying off and not detecting for around six weeks got me out of shape. At any rate, silver coins were on the menu and I wasn't about to throw in the towel and say 'no mas', so I took my sore tired body to another site to see if I could do better. My new settings - GB 59 using the Sharpshooter coil, minimum discrimination, 4 tones, FULL sensitivity, and boost mode. There was very little EMI chatter and what little there was didn't bother me at all. There were so many nails and small pieces of iron that it sounded like a Gatling Gun going off. I was digging most anything that didn't give a grunt tone. I was hoping to unmask a silver coin or find a gold ring. I've detected this site before, so nothing was going to come easy. I was finding a few clad coins, lots of trash, and wheat pennies (18 total), but NO silver. It was getting to around 4:00 o'clock and I was about to drop, then a I heard soft smooth high tone audio ping. Glancing at the screen I saw some high 80's and 90 numbers. That put a big smile on my face.:) I dug down around 5 inches a uncovered a 1941 Washington Quarter. As tired as I was I figured that I could find two silver coins. It was just few minutes later the same thing happened again about 10 feet away, except it was a 1945 Washington Quarter at 6 inches deep. I'm on a roll so screw the pain. I went back and to check closer to where I found the first silver quarter and heard a soft high tone audio ping and a bouncy ID number in the mid to high 80's that was around 18 inched to the left of my other hole. I only dug down to around 4 inches and popped a 1932 Washington Quarter that was on edge and close to some iron. I called it a day and headed to the house. I'm going back with a bigger coil.

On the ring, I'm letting it soak so I can get it cleaned up enough so I can figure out what it is. I'll post pictures later.

tabman

kascinoh said:
Tabman: Talk to me about the NEL sharpshooter and how you like it on the Omega. I really want to get one for my version 4.

On the Omega version 4, I found it to be the best coil for handling EMI. It gets good depth, it covers a lot of ground with each sweep, it separates well and is light to swing.

tabman

First "Real" Hunt? Like finding 5 silvers and a sterling ring was a "fake" hunt last time out?! LOL :blowup:

I know what you mean about getting tired of digging clad and trash, and then something silver pops up and all the pain and disappointment go away! This is what happens on my night hunts sometimes and is what pushes me to hunt way too late on a weeknight!

Maybe I can line up an old rental for next week - Will have 4 days off and looking forward to detecting!

CZconnoisseur said:
First "Real" Hunt? Like finding 5 silvers and a sterling ring was a "fake" hunt last time out?! LOL :blowup:

I know what you mean about getting tired of digging clad and trash, and then something silver pops up and all the pain and disappointment go away! This is what happens on my night hunts sometimes and is what pushes me to hunt way too late on a weeknight!

Maybe I can line up an old rental for next week - Will have 4 days off and looking forward to detecting!

Well that was the first 'real' hunt that I had with the Omega revision 5. Yeah I'm about ready for another rental hunt. I like your hunt style. You dig nearly as much trash as I do.

tabman

n/t

Thanks. Elton, I think that you're going to really like your Omega! I'm having a ball with mine. It jumps on silver coins like a duck on a June Bug that just hit the water.

My new Omega version 5 is nothing like the older version 4 that I had. It's a lot quieter running and just as deep or maybe a tad deeper. Running it with minimum discrimination I can clearly and sharply hear every target that places under the coil. So far I'm enjoy using it better than the other detector that I just got upgraded. You did right getting the Omega. Now get out, find some silver coins and post some pictures.:)

tabman