Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Omega 8000 (Version 5) It's a Pooper Scooper :teknetics::detecting:

tabman

I wasn't having a good morning at all detecting. After about 2 or 3 hours of detecting and driving around looking for a good place to swing my coil, I spotted a carport sale. I said what the heck, I'm not doing worth a flip detecting, I might as well take a break. I didn't see anything worth buying at any price, but then my eyes locked onto a long handle Beachmaster Sand Scoop. Just like the one that I've been wanting to buy. I tried not to look too excited and put a confused look on my face when I picked it up. She said do you know what it is? She said it's a pooper scooper! I said how much for the pooper scooper? She said $5 dollars. I said I'll take it. She said you must have a really big dog. I don't think she knew what it was and just made something up to sell it. Anyhow, I figured that my luck had changed so I went on down the street to another site. Right off the bat, I dug a 1968 D Kennedy Silver Half Dollar next to some bushes. I was a happy camper! It wasn't long after that I dug a 1941 Mercury Dime. Oh yeah, I'm on a roll! Well the roll stopped, I didn't find anything else but a bunch of clad coins and few wheat pennies. I guy came up to me and wanted to know how much I would him charge to look for his gold signet ring that he had lost at his mom's house around 20 years ago while washing the dog in the backyard. I told him nothing, that I'd find it for him for free. He says his mother doesn't live there anymore but he is really good friends with the girl who bought the old house from his mother. My eyes silvered over. Do you think she mind if I'd search the whole yard for silver coins. He said heck no, she won't mind. He said that he knew of several places that I might want to detect. One is a large piece of land in Germantown where the owner is finding old Civil War buttons and buckles laying on top of the ground around his pond and he has another friend that he is going to hook me up with who buys and renovates old houses. I sure hope that I find that gold ring for this guy, because he sure does know a lot of people who have good places to detect.

It pays to be nice.:)

tabman

1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20002_zpsfdu2hsoa.jpg
1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20006_zpsivizmsd6.jpg

1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20007_zps32lyg1hy.jpg
1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20009_zps8oyy7jgm.jpg

1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20016_zpsarjjbny9.jpg
1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20019_zpsxh2enf1p.jpg

1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20012_zpsmlv4xxyi.jpg
1968%20Kennedy%20Half%20Dollar%20015_zpsmhukrh6z.jpg

Awesome finds silver half still on my wish list! You said a mouth full when you said it pays to be nice I've gotten into places I would have never dreamed existed just looking for lost tools and rings no charge other than being able to hunt the whole yard. Thanks for all the info and stories you post.

:rofl::yikes: You are the luckiest son of a gun I know! :lmfao: You seem to always have some sort of unusual adventure to share!:clapping: You could put that scoop up on the For sale forum and really be ahead for the day! Or take it out for a few water hunts and see if you can make it pay off!:clapping:
Mud

metalfun said:
I dont know how much those things cost but that must have been the deal of the day.Another great day.HH

It's actually a RTG BEACHMASTER WATER SCOOP. It goes for around $115 shipped. I found enough clad coins that day to pay for the one that I bought.:)

I like it because you can use it in the water or on the beach. It has a brace on the back so you can use your foot to push it into the wet sand. Also the wire mesh allows dry sand to run through it more freely than those with holes drilled in it.

tabman

Congrats Tabman! It does pay to be nice!

Sniff around in your area for some inland sand swimming holes/beaches/totlots and get to work...I know you are within striking distance of the Gulf, but I dont think you will like big beach work...I sure dont...although a nice scoop makes it somewhat less hellish, not much though......

If you ever get back up to G'ville...I can put you onto some interesting spots...the 'blue cave trout' hole being one of them, deep old spring bubbling up out of the bluff......pretty sure theres some good stuff in that place, sand bottom spring coming out of the mountain that has seen a lot of traffic over the years, but is now only accessible by water or horseback....you can get up into it in that flat boat you had in some of your vids...I really doubt anybodies got up in there with a detector...anyway, this will be a good thing for you to do, now that you have a scoop, find some water places nearby your house to crawl into and cool off in all Summer, just another skill to add to your toolbox...:thumbup:
Mud

emubob said:
what is the coil you are running on it,emubob

NEL Sharpshooter

tabman