Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics Omega 8000 (Version 5) Masive Shark Fin Pops Out Of Steep Bank:teknetics::detecting:

tabman

I almost decided not to go detecting this morning, but I ended up deciding to go back to the place where I found those 5 silver coins a week or so ago. I thought I was saving the best area of that site for last, but it only ended up producing a bunch of clad coins. No silver or gold. Not wanting to go home without any silver, I decided to work a really steep bank at the same site that was around 100 yards long and about 20 yards wide. Kids love to roll down them and grownups like sitting on them. It didn't take long before I got a loud audio tone and ID numbers that were bouncing from 82 to 89. I figured it was coin on edge, but it turned out to be huge 5.2 gram 925 silver shark fin ring. Heck that ring has more silver in it than silver half dollar does. I was running mostly 60 on the sensitivity, around 50 on the discrimination, GB 60 and 4H on the tones. It was a little chatty on the end of the property near the power lines. Not really bad though. That place is a good place to find silver coins, but it gives me a neck ache every time I go there.

tabman

Omega%20Shark%20Fin%20Ring%20002_zpsbltehcnw.jpg
Omega%20Shark%20Fin%20Ring%20004_zpsz1rdylyz.jpg

Omega%20Shark%20Fin%20Ring%20006_zpspptnwdy0.jpg
Omega%20Shark%20Fin%20Ring%20010_zps4wpowuua.jpg

n/t

WOW! Evidently that person never carried anything in their pockets! That ring would be a real hindrance. Nice big one there Tab! Good thinking on that slope!:clapping:
Mud

Now that is cool!

HH
Mike

Thanks everyone. I get lucky every once in awhile.:)

tabman

southFLdigger said:
Awesome, love your posts Tabman !

Thanks. I'm having a really good time swinging the Omega. It's a silver hound!:thumbup: This newer version works really well at most locations without any EMI issues. I have found that it's best to run the sensitivity between 60 and 70 to lessen the EMI chatter. At those settings there is hardly any noticeable lose of depth. However there are some locations that no matter how low I turn down the sensitivity, the EMI chatter on some of my detectors is so bad that I have to put them back in the car. My Tesoro Vaquero and Cibola are the exceptions. With the NEL Sharpshooter coil attached, I can run them at full sensitivity at the worst EMI locations with little or no EMI issues. That's why no matter which brand of detector I'm swinging on any particular day, I'll have one of those two in the car as a backup. Not just for EMI either. No matter which brands of detectors you have in your detector arsenal, one of them should be a Tesoro if you're serious about detecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmsqKt3VEn4

tabman

you sure find some cool rings tab.