Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics S/T

FrankMD

Teknetics S/T. Those that are familiar with the S/T, how would you say the performance of the S/T compares with the best detectors of today?

I'm curious as I owned and sold these way back in the 80's.

Thanks

Frank

I would love to have a stock one to try again. It was my favorite all metal mode detector of all time. It had the smoothest all metal mode of any machine I’ve used since 1973 and no problem at all with EMI.

There’s a place I call the bullet patch that I’ve pounded for 31 years on and off with every detector but the S/T

It’s getting hard to find a civil war bullet, it would be the perfect place to test one.

If I went there and got a few really deep bullets that would say it all.

It’s terrible EMI from a railroad track, underground power line, overhead lines near there.

The S/T would probably be as quiet as a mouse there, if so, that could be the ticket?

It also never falsed on deep iron. Can you tell I loved that detector?

Still have my 2 S/T’s, one original and one with a battery pack mod. Both still work great, original one still takes and holds the charge. Sweet tones on them.
Only take them out for Sunday spins once in a while. Don’t want to wear them out.

beau61 said:
Still have my 2 S/T’s, one original and one with a battery pack mod. Both still work great, original one still takes and holds the charge. Sweet tones on them.
Only take them out for Sunday spins once in a while. Don’t want to wear them out.

Didn't I sell you mine? It was too minty to use and abuse....LOL And it sat quietly begging to be used. Just couldn't do it, had to go to a new home. Keith S. sold it to me for the same reason...

That looks like a Tek Turbo, the S/T’s are blue, the Turbos red. I do have a minty Turbo also, got that from Keith.

Yes Frank,my take on it is that the S/T came out in the summer of 87. It’s 32 years old and my original still holds a charge. Guess you have to wait 32 years to see if the new ones will do that.I would think the best newest detector would handle detecting in trash a lot better.
I’m curious what your take on it is ,seeing you owned and sold them.

The S/T's downfall was they e were advertised to be waterproofed but leaked like a sieve. I should have never used it in the water. but on land it was a real performer. probably one of the top ten that I have ever used.

IMG_0175.jpeg
A few of my older Teks