Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics service

donl98632

I recently bought a 2 year old T2 Classic as soon as I get within a inch of the ground it overloads. Believe it is a defective coil as some times I can wiggle the coil wire as it inters the coil and make it stop for a few seconds. I called Teknetics and they said to bad, I need to buy a new coil. I was for 30 years mainly a Whites customer, and more than once I had a coil go bad and they would just send me a new one no charge even if it was out of warranty. I guess the times have changed.

Just a thought about your post.

If you bought a 2 year old used T2, then you weren’t a Teknetics customer - the original owner was Teknetics’ customer.

If you had been a Teknetics customer, like you were a Whites customer, they probably would have sent you a coil.

This was my 3rd T2, bought 1 when the Classic came out, then bought a 2nd as a backup. Both were new, but am 77 and went through some health issues and since I live now on just SS had to sell off my detectors. Just got back to healthy enough to detect again but could only afford used. Not looking for sympathy just explaining my circumstances.

Don,

I apologize for my reply, supposing as I did that you had no standing as a Teknetics customer.

I PM’d you with the email address of Tim Mallory, the VP of Sales and Marketing at Teknetics. I sent him a link to this thread and he assured me that they would take care of you since you clearly ARE a Teknetics customer of long standing.

I would like to thank Rick (lytle7:geek: for his help in resolving this matter. Rick was kind enough to put me in touch with Tim Mallory of 1st Texas and Mr Mallory has assured me that they have my back and will take care of the problem. One of the reasons I have enjoyed this forum for so many years is the thoughtfulness of the members and there willingness to help out other members.

Thanks again for this great forum and to its great members. Don