Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2 LTD

Architex

I have looking at the T2 ltd and it haves a lot of features and power. Any opinions from owners?

I have a t2 classic with a sharpshooter coil. It is deadly, deep and easy to swing for hours with the center mounted sharpshooter coil. I did not get to detect as much as I would like but it produced over 2 thousand coins in 2018.

I dont own a LTD version as all mine is one of the original 2006/7 models,had it years and years,never use it with the stock 11'' coil for some reason never really used it,but i do use both the deadly NEL Sharpshooter coil and the 5'' factory coil as well.

Main combination is with the Sharpshooter coil,i only use mine in AM mode with all my coils that i have for the T2 and that is probably about 12/13 coils for different site situations,but because i have a wrist issue then i mainly use the above 2 mentioned coil,deadly combinations on both large/middle and small targets.

I do own and use a fair amount of detectors and a massive and i mean massive amount of coils,but out of all the detectors that i own including Deus,Nexus and Pulse machines the T2 it always comes with me and used probably 95% of the time,also found me the most gold coins including Celtic gold staters.So do i rate the T2 i think you can work that one out.

I won the Ltd. I like this detector a lot. If you hunt places the fields are fairly free of trash and deep this one is great since it has the boost mode.

Old thread I know but I got my T2+ package not too long ago and I love it. Use it more then my CTX. Highly recommend Teknetics. Great detector.

Architex said:
I have looking at the T2 ltd and it haves a lot of features and power. Any opinions from owners?
It's been a month since you posted last. There are a lot of very good detectors on the market from major manufacturers, but we need to be selective of the model and coils for the types of sites we prefer to hunt. You didn't share any information about where you planned to hunt or what you were searching for, but did suggest in the Signature that you have, or might still have, the XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800.

All quality products for select applications. Not sure which coils you like to use, either. For me, I enjoy putting in what Coin and Jewelry Hunting I can in town or in those I travel to, but the bulk of my detecting is in more rural and out-of-the-way locations where I dive into dense iron nail or other ferrous-based junk, sometimes in abundance. You can see the brand I use below in my Signature, to include the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic for the most challenging iron contaminated sites, while most of the others I use for Coin Hunting. One of the Teknetics models included below is my new T [sup]2+[/sup] I received a week ago.

I have owned the 'original' T2 and the T2 'Classic's and one T2 Ltd, but dollar-for-dollar I am impressed with the 'simplicity' and 'function' of the new T [sup]2+[/sup], especially with the 5" DD coil. That has been my preferred coil for the trashier sites I hunt, and I plan to order the 10" elliptical DD coil for this unit. Most likely rely on that mid-sized coil and the 5" DD for the bulk of my hunting. I've used Tek. T2's since their introduction in '06 and now, over a dozen years later, they continue to hold up well and provide excellent in-the-field performance.

Just wondering if you bought one or have had the opportunity to get your hands on one to check out.

Monte

I was trying find T2 SE used and finally found one. Negotiated a price and we agreed. Then next the day the buyer sold it to someone else. I probably won't do that again.

I was interested in the T2 SE after watching you tube vids and it seems quite a capable machine. And it seems to be machine fun to use.

I'm in parks and and some open farm areas.

First, I'm sorry you had a bad experience on the T2 SE. I can guarantee that not all deals go like that, especially on a popular Forum where folks get to know each other. I've been on them for 23 years now and I have made a lot of deals. Most of the time when things are agreed upon, I sent the payment and they send the detector, or visa-versa. I had one minor issue back in '96 or '97 but not since.

Okay, on to the T2 series. I had a lot of fun and good success with the original T2's having owned 4 of them. I only had one T2 SE Ltd, but I have owned 4 of the T2 'Classic' models which are basically he original T2. Just a couple of weeks ago I bought a T2+, and I can recommend this model to anyone looking for a decent T2. It has the 'bP' [size=small](Boost Process)[/size] mode, and it also has designed-in DST [size=small](No option to turn it On or Off, it's always 'On')[/size] to help deal with a lot of the EMI we might experience.

Brand new, this is a very affordable detector, and that way you get the full warranty for it. Mine is working well for me and is a very good fit in my personal detector arsenal. Matter-of-fact, I am going to sell a few extra detectors I have and buy another brand new T2+ just to keep a different search coil mounted since my primary-use T2+ keeps the 5" DD coil mounted full-time, You can even get a T2+ 'bundle' that is a very decent value, too.

Monte

UPS delivered my new T2SE today. I put it together and took it for a quick test run in a portion of my yard that I pounded with my T2 Classic and BH Legacy 3500. I ran the T2SE at the default sensitivity of 60 and in bP. I used 0 Disc and ground balanced it. I managed to pick up 2 copper pennies that my T2 Classic and BH Legacy 3500 missed.Usually I run my T2 Classic with 4 tones, so the 2+ tones that boost process uses take some getting used to. Although the hunt was cut short because it started to rain, I think that I'm going to love this detector once I get a little more experience running it. I don't believe that it will take me very long to get used to it because most of the experience that I gained using the T2 Classic transfers over to the T2SE.