Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tell me about the cortes

thump7

I sold off all my detectors the last couple years, except the 7" compadre. Can't bear to part with that one. Went through the motions of researching other detectors, but in the end I came back to tesoro. I Bought a cortes with the 3x18 and 5.75" concentric. Just waiting for it to come in the mail now.
It was the only machine that seemed like it suited what I wanted out of it. Few detectors sound off on canadian clad like Tesoros do while still discriminating foil.
Seems like it should be up to a little relic hunting and jewellery hunting.

From what I have read (not much to read on it) it seems to be a bit of a sleeper, not many people have used one let alone own one to give any opinion on it.
So, I figured now was the time to try one, I'm sure when tesoro DOES come out with the Caz, the cortes will be discontinued. Good luck trying to find one then.

So, cortes users speak up! I want to hear what you have to say about it!

Thanks.

Nothing bad to say about it, the :canadaflag: guys who use the Deleon swear by it, plenty deep and loves CA clad.
The Cortes will be no different, just has a few extra features and manual GB for all metal mode.

Hey thump7...

....My wife bought a new Deleon a couple of years ago, I use it every now and then. From what I understand, they are the same electronically, with the Cortes having more bells and whistles like SUM mode and Ground Balanced All-Metal mode. The manual Ground Balance is for the All-Metal mode and does not carry over to the motion Disc. mode, the Disc. GB is factory set.

...I like the Deleon, it is a little hyper, so go easy on the Sensitivity, it goes deep without the 'arrows up' and 'lift coil' symbols flashing on the screen all the time. Seems to me it has a lot of gain built into it, a Sens.setting of about 6 or 7 is plenty. Run the Disc. low, I like a setting of the exact middle of MIN and IRON. It will hit the nickels much harder and give good meter reading across the entire Disc. range. Let the meter be a tool instead of a guide on whether to dig or not, I treat it like a beep and dig detector.

wonder why the put manual ground balance for all metal mode only and pre-set for disc mode. at least have automatic GB in disc. but to have it switch to a pre-set GB. like building a sleek fast race boat, then putting a tiny under powered motor in it. does not seem to make sense to me.

Thanks guys.
My past experiences have taught me that 99% of the time a pre-set ground balance is good enough. The compadre and silver both have only let me down once or twice by not having ground balance. I have gone back to those spots with the vaquero only to find that although groundbalance did help, it wasn't much. As for GB and swapping coils, never had an issue with it, hopefully I won't have any with the cortes either. for the detecting that I do all I need groundbalance for is to make the all metal mode functionable.

jld66.....

In all fairness to the Cortes/Deleon, "if your soil is mild", it will work good without a manual ground balance in the Disc. mode.

Otherwise the Silver µMax, Lobo ST and the Compadre would not work either, because they lack manual ground balance in the Disc. mode.