Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tell me about the RED Racer.........

Elton

Likes ,dislikes. good depth, poor depth ??????????????

My experience with the red racer is a positive one. The first thing that comes to mind is the sooner one realizes that it will go quite a bit deeper audio wise than you will get a number readout. Which is fine imo as with depth most machines won't give a good vdi anyways. My biggest gripe with it was the ergonomics on the s rod and coil balance. The main reasons I let mine go was to get the racer 2 which solved those problems and added more features. I think at the prices you can pick up either of the racers is one of the best deals going right now.
Good luck.

The main thing with the Red Racer it uses the 0 -40 iron scale like the FORS CoRe ..It puts the zinc pennies in the 80's VDI really close to the Copper pennies and dimes .. Racer 2 and FORS Relic has the 0 15 Iron scale so zinc are in the high 60 - 70 VDI

https://www.findmall.com/list.php?102

There was a lot of good information about the Racer and Racer 2 on those 62 Pages of information on Findmall, where a lot of people used to go to learn about their detectors.

Just like there were many, many pages of great information on what used to be the White's Main and White's MXT and other Forums.

Dislikes: Grip angle was all.

Good Depth or Poor depth?: It provided very good depth of detection, and hunted quite well in very dense iron contaminated sites.

n/t

Kindman can you elaborate that advice a little more about 0 to 40...

This for the Impact .. Example ... If you go to the bottom you will see the readout VDI difference 0 -40 and 0 -15

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/impact/

Impact Metal Detector Brochure (EN)

The Good ol' Red Racer, it found me some nice "Firsts" and other nice old coins and artifacts. As far as Depth, really don't have a clue, Separation in the iron/rusted tin sites I hunt is where a Racer shines. I think I have only used a Stock coil on any of my Nokta/Makro machines only twice. Once on the Racer 2 to check out the newer coil style and once on my Fors CoRe.

Anyhow as far as dislikes, like the others above have said #1 dislike.....Grip Angle.
They kinda messed that one up. However, if your bored this winter and have an hour or so, I removed the arm cup, battery housing and slid everything off the shaft ( is like 6-8 screws and disconnect a wire clip) with the rubber grip and everything else removed leaving only a bare shaft I then took a towel and lined my vice and went to work on Red. I used my Racer 2 as a template and relaxed the grip to closely match the Racer 2. Once that was done, made a huge difference.

Also as stated above, the ferrous nonferrous breakpoint is at 40 and high conductors get clumped up in the 80's. On the Racer 2 the ferrous nonferrous breakpoint is at 10 and stuff gets spread out across the scale a little better.

Dislike #2 ( even though I never used it) The Formula One Stock coil design. Clumsy ill-balanced design. If your plans are to use a stock coil most the time then I would seriously consider getting the updated stock coil that was released with the Racer 2 much better coil. Where the rod attaches to the coil, the ears are a little closer in towards the center. Much better coil to swing.

Likes: Simplicity and Performance ( in the environments I like to detect, this little machine really shined) Elton I think with the Red Racer and a R2 stock coil, the 7" Concentric and the 5" coils you will have one heck of a General Purpose machine, and one that is not afraid to jump knee deep in the iron. Those 3 coils will cover most all your bases and Red will do pretty darn good. Next step is just get some hours on the machine and learn it,

I feel that to get your best performance, I would run disc ( ID Filter) no higher than 21. 21 is enough to knock out nails and go from there. On my Red Racer I run disc at 10. Also as kinda a general rule, a trashy site iron etc use 3 tone and for deeper targets less trash use 2 tone. 2 tone is a deeper mode. Even today I still use a Red Racer and leave a 7" concentric mounted to it. It lacks some features that the other Nokta/Makro machines have. It might lack some features but doesn't lack in performance :) anyhow just a few of my thoughts.

So Elton no more excuses, you now own a Red Racer so you can jump on that bike ya have in your avatar pic, throw Red in the saddle bag and head west.....to Wells, NV June 13th-16th. I'll be hosting the 11th WTHO down there and we can get you into some nasty iron/rusted tin ghost town sites and you and Red can have some fun. My last trip down there last year I managed a decent shape 1853 Seated Quarter.....so there is still a few goodies left out there to find...............see ya down there. Also if anyone else would like to join us June 13th-16th in Wells, NV your more than welcome. If interested contact Monte or you can contact me and i'll pass your info along to Monte so he can keep you updated. Also WTHO #10 will be in the Ogden, UT area May 9th-12th.

Thanks Gregg........... Have Harley do like to travel on her... LOL

I will go for those coils you suggest too.

Hey Elton,
do a search for "Mastering the Makro Racer" it is a worthwhile read, available from some of the forum sponsors.
Cheers,
Drew.

Thanks Drew