Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Terry Shannon's new book on hunting the Treasure Coast of Florida

pulltabfelix

I was wondering if Terry was going to share his vast knowledge with the rest of us and he has. This is a book for every detectorist who has dreams of Treasure Coast hunting on his vacation to Florida. Hint, take your vacations from Oct - March. This is the only hint I will reveal. Reviews of books of this nature are basically to tell you if it is good or not so good. I won't reveal what is in the book other that it condenses many years of Terry's Treasure Coast hunting and the great finds he has made and how he makes those finds. And yes he does tell you how to find areas likely to contains Spanish relics that are within a depth your detector can get a signal. Some of his methods did indeed surprise me, but I cannot argue with his many great relic finds.

I 100% recommend this book for everyone interested in beach relic hunting. Unlike a lot of metal detecting authors, Mr. Terry Shannon is quite modest when talking about his past exploits.

On Amazon printed version Detecting The Treasure Coast Terry Shannon is 15.99 and kindle version is 6.69 (with color pictures). Also there is a later version Treasure Coast: Terry Shannon july 10, 2021 with 44 more pages and I am assuming it is just a updated printed version for $15.99.

Note the color images give you a better understanding of the black sand and orange sands he talks about and are only available in the kindle version.

I recently bought his last two books and read them cover to cover in two days. Only disappointment was that Terry didn't reveal at least one good beach to detect with possibilities for treasure. LOL Just kidding. The books were both great reads and the information about rip tides, tidal info and cuts will be useful if we ever get to travel again.

Most of the treasure coast is under contract and so no water hunting. I had a state helicopter hoover over me when I was in ankle deep water and they announced that I had to move back on the beach. They do patrol it and cameras are everywhere.
The only way to get anything is either to be very lucky or very smart.
Very smart in that you go there when erosion of the beaches is in full swing. Most of the time the good stuff is down several feet in the sand and is almost impossible to find. They do sand in the beaches there.
In almost 15 years of hunting the treasure coast, I found very little silver and no gold except for modern jewelry and modern coins. The Treasure coast is a beehive of activity when the condition are right....storms.....high tide....huge waves.....beach erosion. Then you cannot even find a place to park at the beaches as there are tons of people detecting. The locals know when is the best time. Visitors will go out and be on the beaches almost all to themselves for a good reason....there is nothing to find at that time. That is the time to go to the McLarty Museum and see the fake coins as they were robbed several years ago....around 1980. There is no actual treasure in the museum...they are all replicas. It is worthwhile to visit to learn the history of the 1715 fleet and the economic disaster its destruction had on Spain.