Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesor Silver uMax - All Metal Question

Tarot

Hi Everyone

I know the Silver does not have a true all metal mode, but could someone explain the advantages of using AM on the Silver.

Also someone once explained on here, that the AM mode was a shifted DISC mode, what does this mean.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

Hi Tarot,
White's electronics has a great tutorial about the operation of metal detectors at:

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/the-hobby/knowledge-base/field-reports/how-metal-detectors-work

The Silver is a great detector and it has shared the closet with several detectors that have come and gone, but it still remains.

Hope you find lots of treasures.

Ken

Thanks for the link Ken which is very interesting, but I should have explained that I have been detecting for over 25 years. Some of my previous detectors have had true all metal mode with a threshold. I just wondered what was unique about the AM mode on the Silver uMax, an what search advantages it offered.

Tarot (Bob)

Of course the disc will not turn back far enough, to pick up nails good and small Iron but the all metal goes back so you can hear them good but seems to still have some disc on , I found that when in the silver s all metal the disc can work in reverse like if I can't hear a bread tie, if you turn the disc knob right to zinc penny now you can hear the bread tie and you get better depth for relic hunting and in mineralized ground , and when swinging next to a fence the silent search all metal lets me get closer to the fence and poles and knabb a target I like to dig for masked targets a lot so I kinda like the silvers all metal mode, and especially with a DD coil I can hear a coin thru my chunk of tailors fall s basalt the Compadre is similar