Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Advice

Hi all,

Recently I've really become interested in Tesoro brand specifically the Tejon. I've been primarily a Minelab user with the CTX being my current machine. I've really come to realize that all the bells and whistles of this machine just aren't benefiting me in any way shape or form. I've also come tor realize that I do far better as a hunter without displays and graphs getting in the way, I'm a tone guy anyways.
With that said I mostly coin and relic hunt and was curious how any Tejon owners feel about their. Out her in California I need depth on many of the places I hunt and was curious what kinds of depths people are getting with theirs.

I'm thinking of the Tejon with one of the larger DD coils right now. Any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

Joey

If your really serious and want all the info you can get this Amazon online only book is a must read.... The Tejon is an analog machine (which i prefer) The book has the emphasis on analog. Liken it to an old dial type television ..... you get a fuzzy signal/picture and you can turn the dial to bring that one tone detector in better..... With digital and again liken it to a television. you either have a signal or you don't to some extent..... there's no type of flutter or crackle. the book says it so much better than i can.... It's not a long read..... I've read it three times now

Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GN27CTQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks so much I really appreciate it. Downloading right now. I'm really excited at the possibilities with this machine.

By what i read in that book if your main interest is relics then the Tejon with the double discrimination lets you discriminate metals better. I have the Vaquero and really like it .....
I have a Whites GMT for nugget hunting but prefer my analog Fisher Gold bug 2 for nugget only hunting

How do I print the book . I download on my work PC but can't find the print functions. Or can I buy the book from Amazon?

I set up an e reader on my PC today.

Thanks.

No Print button...... It will download to your computer so you don't need an internet connection after that

I truly believe that people who have never used or owned a Tesoro would greatly benefit from reading "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors".

Some people just don't know what they're missing. I use both digital and monolog detectors with and without screens. I like both, but when I get serious, I grab a Tesoro!

tabman

It's only available in digital form. I don't think you can print the kindle e-books as they are not traditional PDF files.

My take on the digital display vs. the simple Tesoro- We all have different taste and needs. In the end Tesoro does it for me. They are simple and very effective. Until they make that digital detector that can tell a gold ring from a pulltab, can slaw, nickel, foil cap, or whatever, I have little to no interest. On my Tesoro's I can set the disc where I want it and dig trash or cherry pick. It only has a single tone that can tell you a lot once you learn it. When I go over trashy areas it doesn't sound like R2D2 having an exciting moment. For the dollar they are very cost effective and flat out reliable. That mix of effectiveness and simplicity work well to my personal taste. I just can't see paying thousands of dollars for a detector to stab clad, it just doesn't seem reasonable to me. Again it may find rings, but any detectorist that has a dig all attitude will find rings with any detector As far as rings go, I personally think a Compadre will thump the best of the high dollar detectors. Despite what works well for me, others have different preferences, and I am fine with that. One of my friends uses a Tiger Shark, one a At Pro, one a Coinmaster, and one a F75. They all think their detectors are the best, they do well with them, and they have spent the hours to get to know them real well. In the end it is my opinion that learning to hunt with a single tone detector will make you a better detectorist in the long run.

Now back to the Tejon. For $600 dollars it is effective and flat out deep. Is it the deepest? Maybe not, but probably real close. The dual disc is a great feature and can be set-up many different ways. Despite the fact it is higher frequency the Tejon is a coin hound and is far from silver deaf. I don't relic hunt and bought my Tejon strictly for deep coins and it is a fantastic deep coin hunter. I have read that the Tejon struggles some in real heavily mineralized soil, but my soil here is mild. If your soil is heavily mineralized the Vaq may be a better choice. The Tejon is like a race horse running on meth and needs a little taming. I have never had noise problems and mostly run mine with the sensitivity in the red when I am in areas that aren't too trashy. Target separation on the Tejon with the stock is excellent. I never use the pinpoint button because I just X over the target and it is spot on everytime. The trigger switch is really handy and I use it all the time to switch between my disc modes. Dollar for dollar the Tejon is a heck of a lot of performance for a very reasonable price. I would suggest trying one. If it doesn't work out for you they have very good resale value. If you try one, I think you find it a keeper.

Thanks so much man, you've echoed a lot I've read of the machine.

I relic and coin hunt and have heard many good things about Tesoros. Why in the world more people aren't using them I'll never know. Marketing hype perhaps.
I think I'm going to dive in and take a shot at it. I need depth for most of my hunting and it sure seems like the raw power of the Tejon will fit the bill.

sidney said:
Can you right click on your mouse to print
How do I print the book . I download on my work PC but can't find the print functions. Or can I buy the book from Amazon?

I set up an e reader on my PC today.

Thanks.

I've had my Tejon for a few years now, love the concentric coils, both stock and 5.75", disappointed in the 12x10 wide scan coil. Tejon's discrimination with a concentric coil is awesome, wide scan coil not so much.

oldknifemaker said:
Hey Tabman, where can I find that " Mastering the Tesoro vaquero and tejon into? Thanks, Keith

Just Google 'Mastering the Tesoro Vaquero and Tejon' and first site that pops up at the top is where I ordered mine. It's a e-book and you have to read it on your computer.

tabman