Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Cazador.... seriously,, what are you all expecting?

yowow#1

I would like to know if you guys are hoping for another BEEP & DIG? or something along the line of a minelab Etrac or a whites V3i type platform,,,seriously if the cazador is another beep and dig, how do you expect it to be more than the Vaquero, Tejon, Cibola, lobo? or any other beep and dig they produce?? This isn't meant to be derogatory or argumentative, just wondering what Tesoro users are expecting? and why?

All you have to do is go back through the old posts and you will find all kinds of discussions on what people want or hope for in the Cazador.

Good Lord! Enough Already! Go out and do some detecting with what you have.:detecting: :)

tabman

[Hightone runs and puts on his swami tin foil cap with the pigtail antennas aimed towards Prescot]

I think it will have a better TID of some sort, going towards the line of the Deleon yet more controls like the Cortez, since Tesoro has the "beep and dig" well covered.

Can't say this with full 100% accuracy, as I thought Romney would be President. So the cap has let me down a few times.:confused::lol:

Imagine a pulse induction TID machine! Is it possible? What about a machine both dig and beep but also equipped with TID if you choose. I like where both minelab and Garrett are going with their fold up water proof machines but obviously something even more innovative which I'm sure Tesoro will do. What ever the case may be it will be interesting what comes out of this.
Cheers!

:cool: My advise is to forget about it. I think everyone except maybe a few are tired of talking about it. It usually ends up in a long post and offends the really "positive" people. It has almost become a "taboo" subject which is unfortunate for those who want to talk about it. Just go hunting and forget it (for now).

No offense but I wouldn't be at all interested in a v3i type ,I find them well...... annoying . I don't want to play with multiple screens or menus to decide weather to dig or not.

If you like playing with buttons and screens,remembering numbers......that's ok too if that's what you like ..... ..... Some just prefer sound

There are a few machines on the market that I feel we're offered too soon before bugs or defects worked out,tesoros lifetime warranty could cost them a bundle if they put out a machine that's not worthy of the Tesoro name . A least one company still cares about customer satisfaction and quality ,that's rare thease days .

Mud,,,, Decisions........Decisions ....... :rolleyes:

:lol:

@cladcanada,Tesoro may have a lifetime warranty but also has a few escape clauses along the way as well.

This is from the Tesoro website.

Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage cause by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party.

So basically what they are saying is that if you buy say a newish detector that someone wanted to sell after a few months for what ever reason,because some else has bought the detector then the lifetime warranty is totally worthless that is how i read it.Also alot of Tesoro detectors do change hands as folks upgrade so once again the warranty is no longer valid as a result of ownership change.

I am still trying too grasp how folks are getting totally excited about a machine that only as yet has a name and no other specifications have been mention,usually when a new machine come too market you start seeing tit bits of information months prior to launch,of course usually they leak information usually on purpose to get folks attention and then portray it as the latest must have at any expense detector.

Please note i am not knocking Tesoro or any individual but this is what happens with all new detectors and brands that are launched.I have 2 Tesoro models myself and yes they are great machines,but these are real life machines rather than just a name without and spec or any idea of what niche its aimed at ie relic,water machine,VLF or Pulse.We just dont have any idea so if my be a general all round detector or a specific niche as no one is non the wise.

If it finally comes with a few overhead constibles, some slip-shifters and of course a cup holder I might consider getting one for the arsenal.
Right now my Vaq and Compadre seem to be doing the job when I feel like going a-Tesoroing.

I hear the Cazador is going to feature 3D target imaging! In color, no less!

Also, no tones. Scents only. High tone= orange blossoms, mid tones = cedar, low tones = horse poop.

Can't wait!!!!

CladDog said:
I hear the Cazador is going to feature 3D target imaging! In color, no less!

Also, no tones. Scents only. High tone= orange blossoms, mid tones = cedar, low tones = horse poop.

Can't wait!!!!

MMMMM...Horse Poop!

How many detector brands have transferable warranty? I ,m not up on other brands warranty policies. a transferable lifetime warranty would be foolish on there part wouldn't it ?

Where I live , Tesoro detectors are very hard to find and when they do come up for sale they are allmost at full pice ,no warranty and sold very fast , Wierd huh?

I'm holding-fast for the Cazador before I jump in to a Vaquero or Tejon. I'd like to see something like a Tejon but at a much lower frequency, say 3-5 kHz. That thing would hit coins so hard they'd be dented when you dug them up. It could be named "Vacio", or "Vaccuum" in Spanish - as in "coin vacuum cleaner".

As CladDog says, aroma-therapy versions would be a new frontier. Instead of flowers though, perhaps another option is the scent of tears and unfulfilled expectations for pull-tabs.

Tesoro has the best warranty and service in the business. Period

Fisher only offers a 5 year warranty, it's not transferable and has some really strong escape clause language.

You have to pay to ship your warranted detector to them and pay Fisher's cost to ship it back to you.

There's one company that does offer a very short 2 to 3 year warranty that's transferable. Whoopee!

Now what metal detector company has a better warranty than Tesoro? Well lets hear it.

tabman

Johnp3 said:
I am also waiting for the Cazador before I jump in to a Vaquero or Tejon. I'd like to see something like a Tejon but at a much lower frequency, say 3-5 kHz. That thing would hit coins so hard they'd be dented when you dug them up.

My Tejon and Vaquero hit Indian Head Nickels so hard that they knock the dates of them. I have pictures to prove it.:rofl:

tabman

So Tab, your saying to all the Caz waiters to just get an F2 with a 5yr warantee and call it a day? :rofl:

What good is a Lifetime warantee on what is so far an imaginary product? If thats the case, I'll sell you a mudpuppy industries mfg. rig with an 'infinity warrantee', dang thing pulls silver and gold right out of the banks safety deposit boxes, from the parking lot!:rofl: (taking non refundable deposits now, hurry!)

Time and metal wait for nobody! All you Cazador waiters, get an F2 or an Eurotech...you would for sure find more with either one of them than all the mythological Cazador hunters have combined!..if you dont like it, just pull out the 9v battery, toss the rest of the rig in the garbage, and get a Compadre!.:rofl: (laughing @ss off icon means this post is just meant for humor!)

Gosh that was funny Claddog!:rofl:
Mud