Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Cibola Discrimination

Hello. Just received my cibola. Quick question. How do items such as jewelry and civil war bullets fall into the discrimination settings. Example being how far can I go with the setting to still be able to pick up bullets and jewelry?

Thanks.

Gold will be starting around foil, and will be all the way up to the screw cap range. I believe that most people will take a square nail, lay it on the ground, and raise their disc. up until the nail cuts out. I think it is around the Foil range. I usually set my Tejon at the "l" in foil, so that I would get nickels and such.

J.

Depending upon your site, use as little discrimination as possible. When you get a signal, you may want to dig into the signal to see if it breaks up or is good. So when I say little discrimination, just below the iron tick mark. Sure you will dig some nails, but you WILL dig up other things that others missed because they discriminated to much. The signal will have a clean sound if it is good. ***NOTE***if you dig an iron nail or a handful of them, check the hole again if the signal is good. That means there is something else in hole besides the nails. Also- if you want to truly clean up, go to where the iron is with the small coil, scan it SLOWLY, then go back the same area with the larger coil. If you are searching an area of many acres you should plan on only searching an area the size of a living room. You will be amazed at how much is in such a small area in a "reported" hunted out area. Think of brand W users, who have to sweep their coils fast in an area. Sure they cleaned up and got most of the surface goodies, but now if you go slow, you WILL find good things. Keep it all in perspective. Further, the SOIL fluctuates based upon many factors, geo magnetic pull, low pressure systems, rain, climate, etc. You could go into one area today and find nada and go into the same area tomorrow and find a tremendous amount of stuff. It all depends on you and whether you are patient or not. Good luck and remember, don't cover a football field, only a small corner maybe 5 ft by 5 ft and go SLOW. Good luck!

Christian's post is the best advice you're ever gonna get.

Christian is right on! I'm hunting a hunted out site consisting of about 3 acres and finding stuff, especially carved lead. Figure this place will last me the rest of my life..hunting VERY slow with my Cibola and Vaquero. Am digging lots of buckshot, .22 rifle bullets and cases, but it is worth it. And, of course those so-called "georgia buttons" (shotgun shell caps) at 12".

Thanks again. As I analyzed this more today I thought, how long before you can say a site is not worth checking any longer. Example being say you have checked the living room size area for a long period of time. At what point do you say alright it is time to move on?

Thanks.

A school yard that is about 40 yards long and 10 or so yard wide that I have gone over and over for the past two years. EVERY time I go there, I pull another ring out, and an older coin. It really does make a difference to go SLOW, to over-lap your sweeps, and to try it from different angles. If I dont get anything the next couple of times I go there, then I might think about moving on for awhile, until I get a different detector.

J.

Oh yeah, I and I forgot to mention that I try diffent sized coils all the time too.