Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Cibola :tesoro: :usaflag: Saves The Day :detecting:

tabman

I started the day off with a couple of my high tech bells and whistles detectors and I couldn't get anything going. The EMI was just awful and the trash was thick. I wasn't having any fun at all. The locations that I was detecting just had to hold some silver. I finally pulled out my Cibola with the Sharpshooter search coil attached and the fun begin. I was at least not having to listen to a bunch of EMI chatter using the Cibola, but still no silver, not even a wheat penny. I was just about ready to call it a day and I finally dug my first wheat penny (1937). I circled around where I found the first wheat penny and popped another wheat penny a few yards away. Then it happened, I got a sweet sounding audio tone and dug down and found a 1934 Mercury Dime. At least I didn't get skunked.:)

tabman

Cibola%201934%20Mercury%20Dime%20001_zpscihcc80q.jpg
Cibola%201934%20Mercury%20Dime%20003_zps2emtgadl.jpg

Cibola%201934%20Mercury%20Dime%20008_zps6vldvxsp.jpg
Cibola%201934%20Mercury%20Dime%20007_zpspofonhjj.jpg

Nice save on the day Tabman...............

good on the dime. They are always nice to find.. First reason....silver. Second, you don't have to wonder if you are getting everything....Make the next one either a Barber, or seated

that's the way keep posting up the big pile of crap you had to dig to find it, people just see the good stuff buy a detector and think the are going to strike it rich and the reality is if people love this hobby its not always about money its the thrill of the hunt. :poke:

so well done !!

AJ

The real treasure was enjoying the machine but way to go on the silver dime. Sometimes I have 3, 4, or maybe even 5 hunts between silver but I always enjoy using my Tesoros.

Way to go tabman. I always enjoy reading your posts and the pictures you share. Nice merc. Congrats on a sweet find. I know if the Cibola would not have come through, that you have about 7 other Tesoros to wear down the grounds resistance to yield up the good stuff. Hope your next hunt brings more goodies. HH

Thanks for sharing your pics with us, tabman. Like others here, I appreciate seeing the trash that you have to dig along the way.

Could you please tell me more about the Sharpshooter coil, or point me toward informative postings in the forum(s)? Why and when do you use the Sharpshooter instead of the coil(s) that came with your Tesoro? What does it weigh? Is it plug-and-play with the Tesoro or does it require calibration?

Thanks again!

StBarbara said:
Thanks for sharing your pics with us, tabman. Like others here, I appreciate seeing the trash that you have to dig along the way.

Could you please tell me more about the Sharpshooter coil, or point me toward informative postings in the forum(s)? Why and when do you use the Sharpshooter instead of the coil(s) that came with your Tesoro? What does it weigh? Is it plug-and-play with the Tesoro or does it require calibration?

Thanks again!

Thanks.

I like the Sharpshooter coil because it's light weight, it has good separation, it gets good depth and covers a lot of ground with each sweep. However it doesn't discriminate as well as a concentric coil does, but it has enough pluses to keep me swinging it. In small high trash areas, the 5.75 concentric coil is hard to beat. For Tesoro detectors without a ground balance, I'd recommend the Tesoro 5 x 10 DD coil, because you may need to send it in to Tesoro to get everything calibrated and balanced for top performance. There is very little difference between the Sharpshooter coil and Tesoro's 5 x 10 DD coil. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPWO2Shb004

tabman

Tab 1st off , I am comforted when i see the trash pile because i know good things hide in that trash, 2nd the sharp shooter coil , I am growing to like that coil yesterday i had a penny buried at 5" and figured the 8" donut coil would get it but it was silent i put on the sharp shooter ad it came thru , the sharpshooter makes a big difference , only thing i could say to the manufacturer is lighten it up its heavy nice silver dime you got

good find . I might have to go out this afternoon for an hour with a small coil . I havent had a lot of finds this year except for one day .

Thanks everyone. Hopefully, I can get out tomorrow and find another piece of virgin ground to detect. You just never know until put your coil over it.:detecting:

I've seen a few places that I'd like to try, but the grass needs cutting first.

tabman