Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Cibola :tesoro::usaflag: This Standing Liberty Has Been Around The Block A Few Times:detecting:

tabman

My day started off pretty boring. I wasn't finding much at all, just a bunch of clad coins and memorial pennies. The places that I was detecting looked great but weren't giving up much. I kept on the move looking for a better place to swing my coil. I saw a sign that said estate sale, so I pulled over to investigate. The house looked to be built in the early thirties and the yard wasn't all that big. I asked the lady that was running the sale if the owner was around. She no, but she had the owners phone number. He was a doctor at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital. I give him a call to ask if it would be OK for me to run my metal detector over his yard to see what I could find. At first he was hesitant, but he finally said go ahead and enjoy myself. I started in the front yard, but I didn't find much. But when I hit the back yard, I scored right off. I popped a Standing Liberty Quarter right out from the back door. Other than the quarter, some costume jewelry and a silver earring there wasn't much to be found. I decided to call it day and regroup for another hunt. You can see my settings in the picture.

tabman

Cibola%20Standing%20Liberty%20Quarter%20003_zps6toakrdf.jpg
Cibola%20Standing%20Liberty%20Quarter%20006_zpst2qbuj9v.jpg

Cibola%20Standing%20Liberty%20Quarter%20004_zpsadzzwwrd.jpg
Standing%20Liberty%20Quarter%20003_zpsc65hkmbq.jpg

Standing%20Liberty%20Quarter%20006_zps0ok5zfpu.jpg
Standing%20Liberty%20Quarter%20004_zpsfbfrlevk.jpg

Cibola%20Standing%20Liberty%20Quarter%20010_zps88rgxyfl.jpg

HI tabman...

If you keep making finds like that, Larry will be wanting that Cibola back in his arsenal...lol

Looking at your settings, you have the Sens. maxed out, do you always run it like that, mine get a little chirpy with it cranked up like that.

Anyway good find on the stander, of the ones I've found....they seem to have seen a lot of circulation.

Hombre I can run the sensitivity full tilt at every site that I detect without any EMI issues while in the discriminate mode. The same goes for my Vaquero.

Larry did a great job on modding the Cibola. The 3-way trigger switch and 10 turn GB pot is a nice touch:thumbup:

Maybe it's the frequency that they run on, but those 2 detectors can go to super high EMI sites without a bunch of chirping and popping going on.

The lower frequency Tesoros can't even fight off the EMI like the Cibola and Vaquero can. My other brand detectors won't even get out of the SUV at really bad EMI sites.

tabman

still a beautiful coin, WTG tabman"""

Hi Tab, that standing looks like one I found in an old park. Mine has been used so much, it was hard to even see that it was a standing. I still get a kick out of your junk pile. I also like to add the junk with my pictures. It lets the new people know it is not always gold and silver.... KEN. Ind.

Just noticed in your junk pile the two hypodermic needles....yikes! be careful out the Mr. G

Another great job Tabman I hope to get out for a few hours tommorow.Its been a while for me.With work and weather.HH

Hi Tabman,
Good work on the SLQ and the getting permission. When I look at your photos I always notice the band you have wrapped around your detectors. Where do you get those or how did you make it? It seems like a nice idea. Thanks

ken ward said:
Hi Tab, that standing looks like one I found in an old park. Mine has been used so much, it was hard to even see that it was a standing. I still get a kick out of your junk pile. I also like to add the junk with my pictures. It lets the new people know it is not always gold and silver.... KEN. Ind.

Ditto what Ken said, your junk pile reminds me of the adage "the harder I work, the luckier I seem to get"

Excellent hunt and finds! :clapping:

I tell you, that was really good thinking on your part to whip in there and get permission like you did..I'da never thought of that? I guess you can go back and hit it again now after the sale is over just to see along the driveway or someplace you couldnt hunt because of all the people? Good Job!:thumbup:
Mud.

ToneTime said:
Hi Tabman,
Good work on the SLQ and the getting permission. When I look at your photos I always notice the band you have wrapped around your detectors. Where do you get those or how did you make it? It seems like a nice idea. Thanks

Thanks. I wrap the control box with McNett Camo Form Wrap ACU Army Digital Self Cling Tape. I heard that it's the same stuff that they use to wrap horse's legs with. After awhile it will stop clinging to itself and I'll use some black duct tape to secure it in place. Around the hand grip I use strips of plastic cut out of either a freezer or sandwich bag held in place with narrow strips of black duct tape. Dirt doesn't stick to it like it does to a foam hand grip.

tabman

Don't be too surprised. Those standing liberties wore down quickly. Something about the way they were etched and minted. Its hard to find those in good shape.

Makes me wonder though, do you hunt coins looking for collector grades or do you hunt for scrap value, which you then cash in to buy collector grade coins?

Or neither?

Miser67 said:
Don't be too surprised. Those standing liberties wore down quickly. Something about the way they were etched and minted. Its hard to find those in good shape.

Makes me wonder though, do you hunt coins looking for collector grades or do you hunt for scrap value, which you then cash in to buy collector grade coins?

Or neither?

I just take what I find. I ain't picky. :)

tabman

Nice going on the silver.
About running sensitivity maxed out, I found that as long as I had the ground balance dead on, I could run the sens maxed out and keep the machine running smoothly for the most part. The 10 turn gb would help with that I'm sure, looks like a sweet machine you have there.