Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Compadre 3D Mod

Bleaver

I purchased a Compadre to see if my 3D Modification work on this platform. I have previously been successful with the Silver Sabre uMax, Troy X2, Cibola and Vaquero. I was not successful with the current model Silver uMax. I’ll probably be selling this one pretty soon as ALL the land detectors in my signature below have 3D discrimination.

The stock discrimination pot (knob) works exactly as on any other Compadre. The toggle adds two set discrimination points. The detector works perfectly avoiding pulltabs and still responding to targets in the nickels range and in the coin range. So it’s the operators choice to operate in the stock configuration or utilize a 3 level Discrimination. One neet thing about this mod is that I do Nothing to the Circuit Board.

THE PURPOSE OF THE MODIFICATION:
I added a 3 position momentary switch that returns to the center position when not activated.
1. First I set the detector to discriminate out foil. This is the center and default setting of the toggle.
2. Pressing down the toggle activates the Nickel and below discrimination. When released the toggle pops back to the center position.
3. Pressing up on the toggle activates the Zing and below discrimination. Again, when released the toggle pops back to the center position.

SO THIS HOW IT WORKS:
1. The first signal means a target above foil is under the coil.
2. Press down on the toggle. If the signal goes away chances are the target is a Nickel, Can Slaw or a Gold Ring.
3. If the signal did not go away Press the toggle up. If the signal does not go away its probably a non-zinc coin or silver. If it did go away its probably a pull top or zinc.

If you should decide to try a similar mod I recommend that that you take number of photos of the board and where wires originate on the boards. I have had wires come loose on a couple of times and these photos have been invaluable it correcting this.

Took the Compradre 3D to a ball field. Its still too dry to hunt here without damaging the turf so I was restricted to a small sand swing area. In another month or so it should be getting into land hunting season here in central Mississippi.

Ok, I hunted about 45 minutes and this is all the targets found, good and bad. The detector performed as expected with no surprises. You will notice the line of pennies next to the pencil are zincs. The zincs were tics or scratchy signals right at the edge of being discriminated out. I could tell they were probably zincs and not copper, or silver as they were not firm good signals.
Pretty good, six nickels, and less that 50 trash.

I did this on my Compadre about a year ago. I used 3 pots so I could set each on the fly and then use the switch. Worked good for me but didnt really like it.

I think the spring loaded toggle I used makes a real difference.