Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Compadre...Deal?

Rick W

A friend has a Compadre that is in "like new" condition. Probably has less than 2 hours use on it. He paid 150.00 for it, and I can probably buy it for that amount. I don't know what these are bringing now. Just thinking...

IMO - that is a good price for a Compadre in "like new" condition. I don't know if that represents the prices that they generally fetch now.

Knowing how much fun my Compadre is, I'd be very pleased to pay $150 for a "like new" Compadre if I didn't own one already.

IMO - that is a good price for a Compadre in "like new" condition. I don't know if that represents the prices that they generally fetch now.

Knowing how much fun my Compadre is, I'd be very pleased to pay $150 for a "like new" Compadre if I didn't own one already.
Thanks! I owned one years ago, but went to other Tesoro models. They are good, simple machines, and since Tesoro is not in business now, owning a clean one may be good for a spare.

I'ts a fair price maybe even a 'good deal' Buy it if you like the compadre. Even if the price was $20 higher then you think it should be, it doesn't really matter when there are so few out there for sale.

As long as you’re going for targets 5” and less the Compadre is hard as hell to beat for price, weight and performance….the Triple Crown. Deeper than that just needs something else,IMO. It’s too bad Tesoro didn’t have the resources to keep going and develop its own SMF machine, that might’ve hauled them out of the hole.

If you only get 5 inches of depth with your Compadre, I think maybe someone "adjusted" it before you got it. The 8 inch coil one should do considerably more. The 6 inch that I have here in Colorado in the iron laden soil does better than 5 inches. It is also one of the only detectors I have that will pick up a dime under a small pile of pull tabs stacked around and on top of it. Take the dime out--signal gone!

4 to 5 inches matches my experience as well. Wish it was a bit deeper,,, but it isn't in the dirt around here. Doesn't make it any less of a great detector though. Great little machine!