Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro compadre ,headphone unit with cleansweep . M

finnfoto

Had finished this unit up this evening for a gentleman . Almost don't want to send it back. The gray ghost headphones fit nicely around the compadre circuit board . :yikes:

Have a guide on how to do this?!?

Could well be interested in doing this conversion myself on my Compadre,have 3 spare sets of headphones shells,so it would be a logic move to do the conversion and also mine has all ready had the 5 pin coil plug added so that my other coils will fit.

Will do a check tomorrow and see what is required if anything,just a guts transfer from the control box over to the new headphones.,thge reason i am interested in this project is that it will give me additional depth when river detecting in fords and ancient river crossings for roman votive offering,the current setup that i have the control mbox is mounted high up on a extended straight shaft,but this will give me even more wading depth if needed.

I'm assuminG that you hardwired the coil to the board because the strain relief won't fit?

Very well done!!

Did you have to eliminate the speaker on the control side?

he is a outta a sweepin :buds: no but really I have no idea where he is, shove the board in there drill a few holes bring the bits out that need to come out might be a tight fit but sure someone who has time and some soldering ability's could do this. then I am not having a go no need really.

AJ

amberjack said:
he is a outta a sweepin :buds: no but really I have no idea where he is, shove the board in there drill a few holes bring the bits out that need to come out might be a tight fit but sure someone who has time and some soldering ability's could do this. then I am not having a go no need really.

AJ

Daddy thinks that it must be top-secret information, and he can dig that. :ninja:

Sorry for the late response. Been lake hunting a good bit lately.

My favorite freshwater mod was with the compadre , greyghost headphones. and the epsilon DD 11x8. the coil wire was long enough to install hardwired inside the headphones and have plenty left over for swinging on a straight shaft.

I used the original speakers and volume control on the headphones and simply soldered into the circuit board so you then have a volume. I also made it a point to recheck the sensitivity trimpot and disc pots as well after installing. I like to run mine a bit on the hot side so with just a small bit of chatter to the trim pot and a simple back off. I managed nearly 13inches air testing with the combo and was a really easy mod to do. Basicaly your just moving the circuitboard over to the headphones and running a long battery wire over to the other side of the headphones. Drill 3 holes. toss in some solder and shrink tubeing. used a cable nutt off the original control box and add it to the headphones for the coil wire and solder in your battery wire. add some silicone around each drilled hole or epoxy. your in business . by all means shoot me an IM. if I can help.

Ray