Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Cortes Ground balance mod

akille68

Hello,
I know that Cortes has ground balance only in the all metal side, but discrimination has a fixed ground balance.
I would like to know if it has an internal trimmer and is possible to add a pot on mobo for discrimination mode. Maybe a 1 turn 50 khom pot could work well.
All the best.
Ale

you would want to talk to monte i think a while back i'd asked if it were possible to put one on the delon and quite sure it would be possible now i could be mistaken but i was quite sure about this because if could install the mod i'd have my deleon back in a heart beat

Thank You for reply.
i found a very good 3d on this topic:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,999789,page=1

I am not certain what pot would be the best to use. I do know that with most TID makes and models you can have good-functioning display info, but if the particular GB control is not right there can be way too much shift. Far more than sufficient and it can result in terrible Target ID and discriminate function.

Because these trimmers are a coarse-adjustment design, what you'd want top do is use a modified GB pot that would provide functional 'fine-tuning" adjustment of a small window . In short, so that you could adjust the trimmer such that it was a coarse-tune adjustment and then all further settings could be made with an external trimmer that served as a fine-tuners.

Just don't mess it up or ruin a warranty.

Monte