Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Deleon and DD Coil?

Woodchuck

I got a Tesoro Deleon and I have the Stock 9x8,and I also can use my X2 super 9 and super 7 coil on it. I was thinking of a DD coil for it any suggestions?

Yeah, I'd like to get some input from people who use a DD coil on the Deleon as well.

tabman

I am using a 15x12 SEF Butterfly and while I hate it's weight, I love the amount of area that it knocks out. That coil has more search time than any two of my other coils.

Target ID is less stable than concentric coils and you get fooled by steel bottle caps a lot more, but it hits hard on deeper targets and it just let you fly across big green spots while maintaining good depth.

I am likely to pick-up the 7" and 8.5" DD coils, but my envy of the light-weight boot-shaped DD coils like the Tek/Fisher "big daddy" 11" is really tempting me - it is a supremely efficient coil. I wish the 5-pins had some elliptical DD coils to work with.

the 7" DD is great and able to hit a dime at 5" well and is even ok at 6" on a dime the 8.5 is deeper by 1 " I do get good results from the 10x 12 its deeper than both of the formentioned .