Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Eldorado, non Umax

ryaan21

Hey all, I was in the market for a second detector and managed to just pick up a Eldorado with 2 coils for $75. I thought the price was perfect even if it needs a tune up. Anyone know anything about this older model? Are there other coils available?

Any of the 5pin umax coils should work
BB

You can also use the Troy Shadow X2 coils with that old classic:) It has the older D-90 discrimination circuitry but is still capable of being a worthwhile swing in the right places! Those older metal box Tesoro's remind me in a way of the old classic cars of yesteryear.

According to Rusty Henry this is an underrated and underappreciated detector that can still hang with the big boys. He even offered to buy it...lol

It is still a good detector and to think it's almost 30 years of age. Not only was it good for coin/relic and jewelry hunting but some used it for electronic prospecting back in the day. I still have my original Eldorado and I wouldn't hesitate to take it out for a swing:)