Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Eldorado!

Welgund

Just added one of these to my collection of tesoros. Can't wait to test it out against my others and see how it stands up. Have always heard it's one of the best tesoros made. This one looks to be in excellent condition to.

You are going to love the Eldorado. I have had the Umax version for 4 years and it is one detector I plan to keep. I have had great success using the Eldorado with the 7" coils concentric and widescan. I picked it up for a great price and it was in amazing condition. You are going to enjoy this detector very much. They are getting harder and harder to find. I feel very lucky to have found an Eldorado and can't wait to get out and use it again. Time to detect has been extremely limited. Make sure you post back your thoughts and opinions after getting to use it some. HH

Mine was the original big metal box one. Regret to this day selling it. Want a uMax Eldorado now. Weight makes a difference with age lol! At least it went to a good home.

One serious hot detector. First good one I bought 7 years ago and still use it all the time. Gets the Good stuff.:thumbup:
Doc

version in the µMAX housing and not the early, heavy box original Eldorado, has been one of my All-Time favorite detectors, Tesoro or otherwise. I'm glad to have a pristine condition Eldorado back in my arsenal. It's a great complement to my other favorite models and I'm sure you will come to enjoy yours.

Monte

I am looking forward to trying it out which I will be doing tomorrow. Like you Monte I picked one up that is in excellent condition. I have air tested it against my Vaquero and it held it ground quite well only falling behind with nickels. My vaquero is a hot one get nickels non super tuned at 11in and the eldorado hit it at 9 1/2in.dime and penny at 8 1/2 and quarter at 10 with good solid hits. I also ordered a 5.75 concentric for it also to try on my homestead sites I hit. Probably won't replace my Deus but sure love the tesoros probably why I own 6 of them lol

Hello my name is kevin.Can you tell me if you have ever heard of anyone useing the new nel-coil called the snake coil.
What would you think about useing this coil in places like the parks,around trees,or any tight places where this coil my
be of some help.looking for coins,civil war items for on the elderado,or would I be better to use the 5.3 coil..

I have the 5.75 coil for my Vaquero, cibola and one of my compadres is that version. Not sure if your going to get that much better performance over the 5.75 concentric cause it is just that good and made by tesoro for use with their detectors.
You will pay a lot less for the 5.75, that is the way I would go.

moose57 said:
What would you think about USING ANY COIL [size=small](my insert to your question)[/size] in places like the parks, around trees, or any tight places where this coil my be of some help. looking for coins, civil war items for on the elderado, or would I be better to use the 5.3 coil..
First, I don't care to use aftermarket coils on any brand, for the most part, and have no need for them on a Tesoro. There are very good coils for them already by Tesoro.

Note below the six [size=small](6)[/size] Tesoro's I own, and keep equipped with the main coils I will use, or have a spare ready if needed.

My main-use Tesoro Coils are assigned to my Bandido II, Silver Sabre µMAX and Bandido II µMAX, which all have the 6" Concentric coil mounted, my 'original' Bandido has a 7" Concentric [size=small](until I find another original white 8" donut coil)[/size], my Silver Sabre II sports the stock brown 8" coil, and my Eldorado has its stock 8X9 Concentric 'OOR' coil mounted. I have several search coils to sell or trade as I need one more 6" Concentric to mount on a spare lower rod and have ready for the Eldorado when I want to go to a smaller coil on it.

There is no 5.[size=small]3[/size] coil for your Eldorado. The 5.[size=small]3[/size] coil name is used by White's on their Blue Max and Eclipse series coils, and their 5.[size=small]3[/size] labeled coils actually measure 6½" in diameter. A great smaller coil for your Eldorado would be Tesoro's Concentric that is labeled 5.[size=small]75[/size], but they measure 6" in diameter so that's what I call them.

They handle dense trash well and are my favorite relic hunting coils on Tesoro's for more littered sites.

Monte

Thank you monte for that piece of info.I have the new tone golden Umax,a nice elderado I was just wondering if the new nel-snake coil would
be of some help around trees,fence post,swing sets,merry go rounds when I am in a tight area or should I just use the 5.75 tesoro concentric
coil.I also have an 8 in.concentric coil and I was thinking of getting a nel-sharpshooter coil as well to see if these coils would be of some help.
And let me ask you something else have you ever used a tesoro outlaw..

moose57 said:
Thank you monte for that piece of info.
Glad it kind of helped.

moose57 said:
I have the new tone golden Umax,a nice elderado.
Well, for ME, one good one out of two isn't bad. :poke: IO had a couple of the first Golden µMAX models and didn't care for them at all. I handled one latter version and, like the first experiences, it didn't get me too excited, either. I haven't found many of the analog-based detectors that did really well with a multi-tone audio circuitry, preferring the models I have in my personal arsenal below. That now includes a fine condition Eldorado [size=small](µMAX size)[/size] for those times I want to accept all metals, ferrous and non-ferrous, in the Discriminate mode with its ED-180 range of acceptance. Otherwise, if I just want to get rid of iron nails and some lesser conductive iron, my other Tesoro's do just fine with their ED-120 Disc. circuitry.

moose57 said:
I was just wondering if the new nel-snake coil would
be of some help around trees,fence post,swing sets,merry go rounds when I am in a tight area or should I just use the 5.75 tesoro concentric
coil.
The 6" Concentric Tesoro coil, the one they name 5.[size=small]75[/size], is the main-use coil I have mounted on my Bandido II, Silver Sabre µMAX and Bandido II µMAX. These three Tesoro's are ready to grab-and-go for the sites I more typically search that includes metal structures and fences in and around playgrounds, or for other urban searches near metal structures or picnic area and the like that tend to me very littered.

Most of the time I try to hunt renovation work and vacant lots, or other older-0use urban locations, of I am not able to head out-of-town to my preferred sites which are ghost towns, homesteads and other more dated and out-of-use locations. More often than not, these sites have a quite a bit of metal debris, especially iron, notably nails and similar size annoying ferrous trash. Concentric coils have generally worked the best for me when I have compared them, and coils in the 5" to 7" diameter have been my preferred coil size since about 1971,

moose57 said:
I also have an 8 in.concentric coil ..
I have the stock 8" currently mounted on my Silver Sabre II, but when I find another original white colored 8" like that which was on my original Bandido, I will keep it on that Bandido and move the 7" Concentric coil to my Silver Sabre II. I occasionally use a stock 8" Concentric or 8X9 Concentric, like on my Eldorado, for hunting beaches or when I want a little more coverage in more open areas with less closely spaced targets, such as a plowed fields, some woodsy areas, etc. But I have favored the 7" Concentric on my Tesoro's since I got an Inca and Mayan in 1983, and in the last few years I have gone with the smaller and lighter 6" Concentric because most of my hunt areas are trashy or close to metal structures such as fences, poles and building rubble.

moose57 said:
... and I was thinking of getting a nel-sharpshooter coil as well to see if these coils would be of some help.
I have used a few NEL coils and they seem durable enough and kind of worked okay, but .... I have long preferred to use the coils made by the detector manufacturer.

Also, while I do have a few DD coils in my arsenal for certain models [size=small](standard 6" on my Coin Hustler and 8" on my Compass 99B, the 5" for Teknetics and 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] 'OOR' coils for the Makro Racer and Nokta FORS CoRe)[/size], I still prefer to use a Concentric type search coil. DD's do not Discriminate as well, especially in iron trash, and for those with TID detectors, they generally don't have as tight a TID response as a Concentric coil.

moose57 said:
And let me ask you something else have you ever used a tesoro outlaw..
Yes. I used a few that I borrowed and I had an Outlaw. From their current detector offerings, it would be my pick. But since I am not limited to buying and using only currently produced detectors, I prefer those I have listed below in my personal arsenal. ALL of them are in my vehicle and ready-to-go right now. I prefer the control systems, and with my impaired hearing, I favor what I use to the somewhat lower tone from the Outlaw.

Monte