Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro ground balance

MuddyMo

I have a Vaquero that someone replaced the factory ground balance pot(?) with a 12 turn. Does anyone know where I can get the original part or know what the part is so I can get an aftermarket one. Even better can I use a 1 turn like in the older Fisher models??. I've never known any advantage of the Tesoro 2t over the Fisher 1t. If anyone would like to trade for the 12t that would work too, PM me. Thanks for the help.

Hello. And why does she want to change it? I have a treasure
euro saber and it works wonders.
I changed it myself, because the land where I live is very, very mineralized. It is much more stable and easier to ground balance.

Sorry the photo doesn't look very good. I should have burned part of the letters with the soldering iron.
Original potentiometer Tesoro Euro saber

Greetings

Attachments

• be0e99a7-b79a-4ed1-9195-35aa03bb3722.jpg
    be0e99a7-b79a-4ed1-9195-35aa03bb3722.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 211
The 'new' one was too large to go in the same spot so knobs are in wrong spots Average minerals here and never have problems with gb or stability. 1 turn is simple and quick.

Yes I understand. I had to change the position of the battery. It is now under the armrest in a separate box.

Old post but if you are still looking and have a Radio Shack nearby (I know most of them closed but we still have one here) ask them for a 50K linear potentiometer. They are as thin as the original. I tried to put a 10 turn on my conquistador but there was not enough clearance so I went with this one. They are not quite one turn like the original one on my Laser Trident SE which is basically a Tesoro Vaquero with higher frequency. I have an extra one and I would give it to you for free but do not know how to get it to you. I would have rather had the 10 turn but just couldn't find a way to do it.

Thanks Picketwire, I haven't had time to mess with it, been fixing house up for sale. Haven't seen a RS in years.. I'll PM you.

Sir, I am pretty new here and don't know if I have enough posts to pm plus I need someone to tell me how to receive the pms. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Last edited:
Sir, I am pretty new here and don't know if I have enough posts to pm plus I need someone to tell me how to receive the pms. I'll see if I can figure it out.
Go up to the top bar to the thing that looks like an envelop. Click that and start a "conversation" with the member you want to talk with.

Cheap alternative I came up with but, you'll need to add an extra pot someplace.

Take the original GB pot, select a 10:1 smaller pot, and wrap it around in parallel on the two outside legs of the original
pot. Connect the outside legs of each pot to each other, it gives you a fine tune pot "in parallel".
Set fine tune pot (lower value) in the middle of the tuning, then set the original GB (higher value) pot as good as you
can, then use the fine tune pot to "fine tune" the original pot

Quicker tuning, and you
do not need to fool with turning and turning a 10 turn pot, around and around. You will find you can narrow in on the
precise GB balance tune really quick! So if the original pot is 100K, select a 10K (10:1 ratio) for the fine tune. If it is 10K,
select a 1K for the fine tune.

For a 50K pot use a 5K for fine tuning.

Attachments

• 2pots .png
    2pots .png
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
On Teknetics Mark 1 I added a fine tune for GB like this

Attachments

• GB Fine Tune3 Mark 1.png
    GB Fine Tune3 Mark 1.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 179
Cheap alternative I came up with but, you'll need to add an extra pot someplace.

Take the original GB pot, select a 10:1 smaller pot, and wrap it around in parallel on the two outside legs of the original
pot. Connect the outside legs of each pot to each other, it gives you a fine tune pot "in parallel".
Set fine tune pot (lower value) in the middle of the tuning, then set the original GB (higher value) pot as good as you
can, then use the fine tune pot to "fine tune" the original pot

Quicker tuning, and you
do not need to fool with turning and turning a 10 turn pot, around and around. You will find you can narrow in on the
precise GB balance tune really quick! So if the original pot is 100K, select a 10K (10:1 ratio) for the fine tune. If it is 10K,
select a 1K for the fine tune.

For a 50K pot use a 5K for fine tuning.
Very good information. Thanks Sven.
Question:
Could you add a potentiometer to adjust the VCO power on all metals?