Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Inca

Adrian SS

Picked up an old Inca from Ebay a few days ago.
This machine works very well and the All Metal mode is very sensitive to small gold chains, maybe even better than my LST.
I am in Australia and the Inca ground balances quite well in the moderatly high iron mineralisation in my back yard and has a nice steady threshold tone.
It located all of the targets with ease in my test patch that are down between 5 and 8 inches.
The Disc mode was a bit weak and did not ID the targets very well. Only the large coins were IDd OK..

This machine is still very capable of locating deep targets in the All Metal mode and can easily match some of my modern machines for depth in this mode in any ground where it can be ground balanced.

I am impressed with how well it responds to small gold and silver chains and we all know how difficult these items are to detect with even the most modern detectors. We have all heard the story how somebody tossed their big link gold chain on the round and their you beaut zillion dollar machine would not respond to it; Well I doubt that you would that trouble with this old Inca.

Adrian SS

For a detector made about 26 year ago, the Inca is still a very good detector.

I just wish I had more time to use mine. I like ID detectors to scout an area first to see if anything old is is the ground, then go back to an interesting sight and use a slow sweep Tesoro to find the masked targets. The Inca in my ground is very respectable in depth on coins and jewelery. Good luck with yours.

Randy

I'm not sure if it was the Inca or the Mayan, but a fellow named Ken Whitener from Oklahoma discovered that because of the differences in the two modes he could identify pulltabs VS. nickels. He used a rather low disc. setting-probably around foil- and when he got a signal switched to a/m. If the signal got weaker-it was dug. If it stayed the same-it was probably a nickel or gold ring. And if the signal got stronger in a/m-it was likely a pulltab. Might be worth a try.:thumbup:

Thanks for the quick replies chaps, that's an indication of how well respected this old machine is.
I think people get a bit overawed and bluffed by the complexity and gimmickry of todays detectors which tends to make them forget these older machines and just how capable they are.
I have a good number of modern and ancient detectors and I remain unconvinced that the new machines are realy very much better (if at all) in the detecting ability of the All Metal mode.

It is without question that the Disc and TID modes of todays detectors is much better than of old machines and will ID targets at good depth but I remember the great number of coins and relics I have found with with machines like the Fisher 553D. These machines were not computor controled and all adjustments were manual which caused you to go very slow and as a result the deep weak signals were not missed in the way they are with auto tune and auto GB detectors. The 553D and others that operated on a similar principle could Reverse disc in disc mode and accuratly identify any target that gave a signal in the All Metal mode.

Anyway , it is good to remember the days and technology that has passed .

Adrian SS