Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Lobo Super Traq question/set-up

laynecarr

Got some batteries and fired up my "inherited" Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, but it just squawks at high volume no matter how I adjust the knobs and controls. I'm thinking of sending to Tesoro for set up and repair unless someone here can offer some useful tips. :surrender: Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

laynecarr said:
Got some batteries and fired up my "inherited" Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, but it just squawks at high volume no matter how I adjust the knobs and controls. I'm thinking of sending to Tesoro for set up and repair unless someone here can offer some useful tips. :surrender: Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

First I'd read the manual..............If you inherited it without one go to the Tesoro Site & download it, or you can call Tesoro & get one sent to you. (they take you through the setup)

Then check out & be sure the coil connector is tight.

Remove the coil cover and clean out any dirt, is causes falseing.

Check the coil wire sheath for any damage, the unit is water proof upto the connector unless damaged.

Check battery connector/battery holder for carrosiun from an old battery that leaked + try another set of AA batteries just to be sure.

Many people try and run the sensativity to high, try it lower. If the area is highly minrelized/trashy area try it in a differant spot.

The metal detector is a very good sensitive one for gold & coins.

Good Hunting.....................HaRM

Thanks for the advice. I got the manual and I'll check out all the connections. Can't wait to get this baby operational. Mike