Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Max Boost

fematrailer

Since I received my Bandido 2 micro max I am learning from the owners manual about this Max Boost. It sounds like Garrett 's Power Master. Can anyone give me some info about Max Boost ?

It's what all tesoros have which is the red area above 10 on the sensitivity knob.
At least I think.
I think bandido series was just the first to put it on and now all of them have it.

Edit:
After a little looking it's a Micromax design characteristic. On all micromax's from then on I guess.
Silver sabre umax had it as well as my cutlass umax. As far as I can tell all umax detectors have it.
I
Quote:
the Max Boost will allow you to increase the power to the operational amplifiers to the point of overload.
This may cause your detector to become unstable and force you to turn the SENSITIVITY knob to a lower setting. An overload situation will not hurt your detector, but it will maximize the gain that is used by your detector. This can, in certain conditions such as low mineralization in the soil, cause your detector to penetrate deeper into the ground and become more sensitive to small targets.

Just an amplified gain to go to the highest point the electronics will allow

Wow. That's pretty cool. Thanks

For whatever reason, I see a much more noticeable boost when in the red on my Vaquero versus my Umax detectors.
BB

BarberBill said:
For whatever reason, I see a much more noticeable boost when in the red on my Vaquero versus my Umax detectors.
BB

Same here. I think Tesoro improved on the signal amplification circuit of their later detectors.

I bought a new Vaquero also and super tuning makes it scream. Ground balance and then 1/4 turn to the left makes it screams.