Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro metal detectors with preset ground balance

Mike(SK)

How do you have your ground balance set...Neutral or a little positive?

How do you have your ground balance set...Neutral or a little positive?
I have been an avid Tesoro owner and user since July of '83. I keep my two favorite Tesoro's in my outfit, to include the Bandido II microMAX which has manual GB control, and the Silver Sabre microMAX, which is a "turn-on-and-go" model that relies on an internally preset GB. I live in and most-often hunt in, areas with a higher mineralization yet i do travel and work sites that have low-to-moderate amount of mineralization. Therefore, I want to make sure my GB is 'tweaked' to the search coil I plan to use so that it handles the 'bad-ground' challenges of the higher iron mineralized ground.

However, knowing how most of the "turn-on-and-go" or other Tesoro Discriminators were designed, I am familiar with the positive off-set in their circuitry for the Disc. mode. Therefore, I select some of the toughest ground to deal with, then I tweak the GB trimmer so that I have a GB that is close to spot-on for the silent-search Disc. mode, and that generally results in a very slightly Negative GB in the Threshold-based All Metal mode. So, depending on where I hunt and the ground mineral make-up, I can check my preset GB models in the Pinpoint or All Metal mode and they will either be spot-on to just slightly negative GB .... for hunting in the Discriminate mode.

Monte

I have been an avid Tesoro owner and user since July of '83. I keep my two favorite Tesoro's in my outfit, to include the Bandido II microMAX which has manual GB control, and the Silver Sabre microMAX, which is a "turn-on-and-go" model that relies on an internally preset GB. I live in and most-often hunt in, areas with a higher mineralization yet i do travel and work sites that have low-to-moderate amount of mineralization. Therefore, I want to make sure my GB is 'tweaked' to the search coil I plan to use so that it handles the 'bad-ground' challenges of the higher iron mineralized ground.

However, knowing how most of the "turn-on-and-go" or other Tesoro Discriminators were designed, I am familiar with the positive off-set in their circuitry for the Disc. mode. Therefore, I select some of the toughest ground to deal with, then I tweak the GB trimmer so that I have a GB that is close to spot-on for the silent-search Disc. mode, and that generally results in a very slightly Negative GB in the Threshold-based All Metal mode. So, depending on where I hunt and the ground mineral make-up, I can check my preset GB models in the Pinpoint or All Metal mode and they will either be spot-on to just slightly negative GB .... for hunting in the Discriminate mode.

Monte
Thank you very much for this information!

I read somewhere about plans to replace the
trimmer with a potentiometer. Do you have
any knowledge as to the value of the pot?

Monte