Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Models with High Output Technology (HOT) Circuitry

berryman

Which models utilize Tesoro's H.O.T. circuitry and what hunting applications are those models best used for?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are the cibola, vaquero, and the tejon. Anything that accepts 4 pin (delta) coils.

So High Output Technology is circuitry that pushes signals deeper? Does Tesoro consider those particular models superior to its 5-pin (low noise) models?

They consider them deeper. I'm bewildered as to why they never combined the high output technology with g/b in discriminate mode and ID. It's a!most like they can't produce a machine with all three features. Otherwise, I think the Cortes would have been a top seller. IMHO.

berryman said:
So High Output Technology is circuitry that pushes signals deeper? Does Tesoro consider those particular models superior to its 5-pin (low noise) models?

I wouldn't think they are superior. Maybe in certain situations, but not in every situation.

For instance, my new black Vaquero falses on odd shaped nails and iron noticeably more than my 5 pin models (Bandido II uMax, Silver uMax, Deleon). So in really thick iron, I use the Bandido II.

The Vaquero is deeper than the Bandido and the Silver, but not by an astronomical amount. But the depth of the Vaquero is very similar to the Deleon, which is a 5 pin model and even has fixed ground balance!

My 5 pin models are less noisy than the Vaquero, but the Vaq is darn quiet and nowhere near what I would call a "noisy" detector. *Unless you really crank it up with the GB set too negative.

- So that's my experience with a few different machines from different series. Each model is a little more specialized for a certain task than some people, including Tesoro, give them credit for.

Example:
1) My Bandido II is my go-to machine for working in heavy trash. It's quiet, stable, and just sifts through it without a lot of fuss.
2) My Vaquero is my go-to for wide open work, mostly for relics, with less trash to deal with. Think fields and woods hunting.
3) My Deleon is my go-to for coin shooting. Its just as deep as the Vaq, but quiet as the Bandido, and the ID readout really helps decipher through aluminum junk. Best coinshooter I've used to date.
4) My Silver stays on long term loan to a buddy of mine. He really wears it out, and uses it everywhere. Great turn on and go machine, that is exceptionally quiet.

Sure any of them will work in any situation listed above, and any of them will work well. But with what I have and how I hunt, they work best for that.

If you are after max depth, choose a H.O.T. machine, as they are deeper. But if you are solely after coins, don't overlook the Deleon or Cortes. They are deep......

Thanks Thumper - that's great info!

So what machine do you use when you're searching for deep relics in an iron-infested site? From your description above, it would appear that the Bandido wouldn't be deep enough and that the Vaquero might not be stable enough in heavy iron.

berryman said:
Thanks Thumper - that's great info!

So what machine do you use when you're searching for deep relics in an iron-infested site? From your description above, it would appear that the Bandido wouldn't be deep enough and that the Vaquero might not be stable enough in heavy iron.

Well, it's not that the Vaq isn't stable, it just seems to false (sound like a good target) more on funky shaped iron than the Bandido. I had a Tejon for a while and noticed the same thing. Now this can usually be reduced by running the Sens down on the Vaq, and even still, with some time on the machine you can usually tell iron falses from a good target. It just seems easier to me to tell the difference on the Bandido II.

Honestly, I pretty much always hit a iron infested site first with the Bandido II, and it almost always wears the brown donut coil. I may be missing a jar of gold coins right outside detection range, but I doubt it :biggrin: I just like using the Bandido more is probably the biggest reason. The No-Motion AM is handy for telling the size of a target, and usually if it sounds bigger in AM than it did in Disc, it's iron. I just haven't found much really deep around my parts, even with the Vaq. Our sink rate must be really slow. But hunting in iron, you probably aren't going to punch much deeper than the iron to find a good target because of the masking going on. The guy with the Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 he got at the pawn shop for 20 bucks, that digs all the iron, would be the guy to find it all.

On paper, and in the hands of a pro, the Vaq should probably be the ticket in that situation due to the higher frequency and gain and all that. Most relic specific machines seem to have those two things in common. But for simple old me, I just like the humble old Bandido II.

If a guy was only going to have one Tesoro, and especially if he liked relics, I think a Vaquero with a concentric coil would be hard to beat. Learn to use it and get a few coils, and it should do whatever you ever need. Like the old saying, "Beware the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to use it."

yeah the V is a bit of a squealer , I was clean sweepin in the dark and shallow coin size targets sound like beer cans , ya get used to it sort of anyway thought I am about done turn the disc down a bit and just grab the beer cans that are shallow coins etc.. last target just laying on the ground near knocked me over a 5 g gold ring. so yeah very strange detector, works but.

like the big O too or B2 just a bit more mellow :biggrin:

but hey they both find stuff just different machines V is more sensitive I think.

AJ

What it seems like to me... The H.O.T. Machines that I have go deeper than the the only non-H.O.T. I have, but since that's a pair of Compadres, that's to be expected. However, I think that the Compadres discriminate better than my Vaquero and Tejon. I'll need to play with an Outlaw to test discrimination on that model. I'd bet it's better discriminating than the H.O.T.s are.

amberjack said:
yeah the V is a bit of a squealer , I was clean sweepin in the dark and shallow coin size targets sound like beer cans , ya get used to it sort of anyway thought I am about done turn the disc down a bit and just grab the beer cans that are shallow coins etc.. last target just laying on the ground near knocked me over a 5 g gold ring. so yeah very strange detector, works but.

but hey they both find stuff just different machines V is more sensitive I think.

AJ
Haha I've been searching for a ring this whole season and in AUS they're just lying on the ground.
I don't care how bad shipping and stuff is there, the hunting sounds way better.
Still jeep swinging for that ring!!

Stoof-tabsallday said:
amberjack said:

AJ
Haha I've been searching for a ring this whole season and in AUS they're just lying on the ground.
I don't care how bad shipping and stuff is there, the hunting sounds way better.

yeah that doesn't happen every day I can attest , sometimes things just happen. gotta be out there looking though :biggrin:

AJ

amberjack said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:
amberjack said:

AJ

yeah that doesn't happen every day I can attest , sometimes things just happen. gotta be out there looking though :biggrin:

AJ
Haha 2 sayings come to mind...
If you're not hunting your not finding.

And

If it's not there, you won't find it
(This one more about yesterday's hunt where is was just about all trash lol)

Gonna try and run the Cibola today.

yep and we never know what we leave behind so with time we get to trust or instincts on where to use more energy and what machine what coil what settings etc..

I am just starting to learn this stuff and I have dug millions of targets either I am real slow learner or this detecting thing isn't easy sometimes :shrug:

AJ

amberjack said:
yep and we never know what we leave behind so with time we get to trust or instincts on where to use more energy and what machine what coil what settings etc..

I am just starting to learn this stuff and I have dug millions of targets either I am real slow learner or this detecting thing isn't easy sometimes :shrug:

AJ
Always learning. If you didn't learn something today, you did something wrong.
I prefer the term "refining" rather than learning.
We are refining our skill which in turn refine the amount of things we find.

amberjack said:

:thumbup:
AJ
Just think of all the competition if it were easy!!!!

slingshot said:
amberjack said:

:thumbup:
AJ
Just think of all the competition if it were easy!!!!

I was having a discussion with a hunting friend about finding gold, and said that exact same thing, its not easy !! every hole isn't a gold ring :pulltab: if it was you wouldn't be able to get near the place ( insert your spot here)

so well said !!

AJ

I just need to find the first one. Then I have personal knowledge that I can do it. Haha

Haha well the spot I've been hunting is 200ft by 200 ft and taking a while with all the garbage.
I want to change to a different spot but I have no choice but to take that guys word on that lost ring...
Haha its weird here in some states too. Can't just go anywhere and hunt. My city won't allow it in parks or schools. I have permission from another city, but it's just weird. There are laws here against it. Some places need permits and even then you can only hunt certain areas in the park meaning they are all but hammered.
But there are alot of parks in the city I have permission.