Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro no longer in business

I love seeing this beep and dig forum still so active. I've checked some of the others and they are dead lol.
My 2¢ on Tesoro....
They're pretty much rough and tough machines. They're solid state built and last forever. Many of mine are pushing 30-49 years without ever needing repair.
Som sommon issues you may run into is the O-rings on GB pot may need to be replaced as it wears out. The friction of it is all that's between the stem and the actual pot stem. That's why you can keep turning them the pot stops but the cap riding the oring slips
Also maybe some deoxit for the pots.
Other than that the parts they used are meant to be used millions of times. Like their pots the expected service life was like 2 million end to end turns. Lol they used quality parts and that's why they last.
Obviously try not to drop them. If you do and something wonky after most times you can open faceplate and see a solder joint snapped and just resolder.
When I modded my cobola with GB I was happily surprised with the components inside.
Now their surface mount pots meant to be set in factory or a couple times later I'd be more careful (like the internal ones for GB and sensitivity and threshold inside compadre) their service life is only like 100 times lol. And you need an oscilloscope to fix if you tweak them too far out of whack.
Anyway if you buy a tesoro used, check it right away with some air tests and swing around your yard and look for falsing.
If it runs good when you get it it'll keep running good unless you break it.
If it is falsing or acting weird, eBay has money back guarantee even if seller doesn't accept returns. If listing says works good and it doesn't you'll get your money back.
Breath easy. These tesoros will outlast many of us even with normal use.