Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro opinions

moomba

Greetings treasure hunters. I have used the metal box eldorado for years and need some advice on a couple tesoro's I have a chance to buy but never used.They are the Toltec 100 and Royal sabre. Iv'e always wanted to try these but never had the opportunity. Any experiences would be appreciated. Thanks

I never had a Toltec 100 but I have had a Royal Sabre. It was a good machine and I liked the fact that it has a adjustable tone break. I did also use the notch on occasion but not too often. I have heard that you can use the notch in accept mode to set it up to hunt for gold rings. Ultimately, I sold mine because I have a Golden Sabre Plus and the two machines were enough alike that I didn't think I needed both.
The Royal has a surface blanker also.

Yep-still have my Royal Sabre. Like Wheatymike I love the tone break option and have forever wondered why they dropped this feature. Only drawback I could think of is ED-120 discrimination- always at bottlecap discrimination. I DID once set the notch accept high and found a silver half in a horribly trashed out area.

I really hope someone like first Texas, Whites, or Garrett will buy out Tesoro's remaining stock and rights to manufacture.
They are just to good of a detector to let fade away.