Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Outlaw - anyone replace the button with a toggle ?

pinenut

Hey Outlaw users... Have any of you replaced your RETUNE button with a 3 position toggle, like the one used on Tejon?
I know that some early Outlaw users were having some problems with that button; thought a spring loaded toggle may be a good fix..
Anyone still having trouble with that button, or simply not using it?

If I had an outlaw, the desire came and went a few times, the first thing I would have gotten rid of was the button and replaced it with a toggle switch.

Folks can always do what they feel they need to do and of course what works best for them. Really if you just use the Outlaws re tune pin point button as designed all will be fine. I had no issues what so ever with it. I was able to pin point down to a finite spot. The biggest issue is guys forget to put the coil straight out in front of them off the ground and push and release the re tune button to put the Outlaw back in normal operation after useing it.

Happy Hunting All,
Bill G

Thanks, guys.

Bill, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't even taken mine that I just got, out of the house yet. Was going to break it in this coming week...then remembered that I have jury duty, starting tomorrow... Not cool.

On the button thing; weren't some folks having troubles with them early on? Caused by faulty switches, dirt getting in, whatever?
Just thinking it could have used the mode toggle of the Bandido II microMAX instead of the "two position" retune button, especially when there's no detent between positions. The Tejon's toggle would fix that, and it could go below like a trigger, or in the present button location. We'll see how it is after a few months... ^_^

pinenut said:
Thanks, guys.

Bill, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't even taken mine that I just got, out of the house yet. Was going to break it in this coming week...then remembered that I have jury duty, starting tomorrow... Not cool.

On the button thing; weren't some folks having troubles with them early on? Caused by faulty switches, dirt getting in, whatever?
Just thinking it could have used the mode toggle of the Bandido II microMAX instead of the "two position" retune button, especially when there's no detent between positions. The Tejon's toggle would fix that, and it could go below like a trigger, or in the present button location. We'll see how it is after a few months... ^_^

pinenut,

Early on there was a Few Outlaws with a bad button. Tesoro resolved that issue after that most of the issues have been guys not understanding the button and as stated making sure the detector got back in normal operation mode (the above process I mentioned). I love the toggle on the Tejon and would have loved it on the Outlaw and even the Vaquero exspecially if it was underneath like on the Tejon. I suppose one could install one if they just did not like the standard push button on the Outlaw but it would have to probably be installed on the face plate.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G