Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Outlaw - Excellent!

mike5853

The Tesoro Outlaw has become my number one detector - hands down. I was recently made aware of an Outlaw with an great back story thats available for purchase. Can't say too much here so anyone interested please PM me for all the details.

:cool: Hi '53 Silver, You are really talented at making metal detector videos. I learned a lot from the Golden uMax vids. Just one quick question. Is the Outlaw difficult to ground balance and do the extra coils work well for you?

I am sure Mike will chime in but I can tell you that the Outlaw is very easy to ground balance and the coils that come with it work well. Its really neat using the 12x10 coil, it seems big at first but it is very light to swing, covers alot of ground and it is sensitive and it gets good depth.

reddirtfisher said:
:cool: Hi '53 Silver, You are really talented at making metal detector videos. I learned a lot from the Golden uMax vids. Just one quick question. Is the Outlaw difficult to ground balance and do the extra coils work well for you?

Ground Balancing is a breeze! Once you set it, you'll only need to make small adjustments from location to location. All three coils are perfect for this detector and give it the adaptability you need for just about any situation. I would say I used the 10x12 DD 80% of the time this summer. It covers a lot of ground and is pretty deep. One of the best detectors I've used.

Mine seemed good to start then I noticed it wasn't finding anything deep. Did some tests and itbwas only getting 4" inches on a silver dime. Its in the shop now and I am hoping it will be better when it comes home.

mike5853 said:
The Tesoro Outlaw has become my number one detector - hands down. I was recently made aware of an Outlaw with an great back story thats available for purchase. Can't say too much here so anyone interested please PM me for all the details.

You have an E-Trac, that statement seems bold. You are saying if you had to limit yourself with one detector, you would take the Outlaw?

MonsterTab said:
mike5853 said:

You have an E-Trac, that statement seems bold. You are saying if you had to limit yourself with one detector, you would take the Outlaw?

The Etrac is an excellent detector, but I have found just as much with my Vaquero over the past 2 years. The Outlaw being basically the same in many ways, a little better in others, just makes sense for me. Those displays can be an asset but can quickly become a crutch so you need to be careful not to let your detector do the thinking, Every target I hit with my Etrac I also could hit and ID with my Outlaw or Vaquero. In the end at 1/3 the cost and 1/3 the weight with excellent results, the Vaquero or Outlaw is, for me, the way to go.

machineman said:
Mine seemed good to start then I noticed it wasn't finding anything deep. Did some tests and itbwas only getting 4" inches on a silver dime. Its in the shop now and I am hoping it will be better when it comes home.

Two things to check while hunting is your ground balance and hit the Retune button. In areas near me the ground mineralization can change within a given park or field, and also hit the Retune every so often. I'm sure they'll get it all fixed up for you in no time.

Would the coils I am using on my Cortes be usable with the Outlaw? I have the hockey puck and clean sweep coil for the Cortes.

Rick in Pa said:
Would the coils I am using on my Cortes be usable with the Outlaw? I have the hockey puck and clean sweep coil for the Cortes.

They will work on the Outlaw.

tabman

Thanks for the help