Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Outlaw is a winner!

SpiritRelic

I have been knocked off the net for over a week.I got a relic hunt in with the outlaw.I used the small 5.75 concentric,and the outlaw is awesome!.If you are a relic type hunter, this thing is a dream with the no motion all metal mode.I got a small utube video i am now uploading.Note:eek:n the video i did not mean to say i had the disc maxed out,i meant to say i have the sensitivity maxed(buried ).When i hit my first good target i turned on the phone to record the short clip.This will likely be the last relic hunt until November due to me having four ticks,and the venomous snakes are coming out.I was really tired out in the video.When i get the video uploaded i will post it here.The outlaw is my relic machine for sure now.The no motion was perfect.Even with the small 5.75 conc,i was able to pick up on targets at more of a distance.After two bike rides and four hours i found a small water side area that had colonial artifacts to be found.After finding the first colonial button i went around the bush area and located a musket ball and two more flat buttons.The small coil method in the woods proved to be a success.I was able to really work the coil close to the ground and around trees and limbs.I knew the outlaw was really doing good by the amount of deep old shot gun shells i was finding.I am really pleased with the outlaw.When i located a target in no motion i simply would switch to disc mode and check target.My sand shark will be here tomorrow, so next week i hope to be heading to the beach with it to check it out.Be back with the video. :-D

spirit , thats exacty the way i like to hunt, Its good to see you know the value of the outlaw, cant wait to see the video , I tell ya thats one thing I am afraid of is ticks, knowing how badd they can disable you you must live in a southern state, ya i would not hunt the south untill it got cold , probly your finest hour would be thru winter, and it is amazing how deep the small coils go

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7T7l_XCa0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
The Outlaw really proved itself to me on this relic hunt.I would use the retune button to maintain a steady threshold.The light weight of the Outlaw combined with the no motion makes this detector a perfect relic machine. :tesoro:

Okay Gunnar and SpiritRelic, for coins and jewerly would you go outlaw or vaq.? I just can't make my mind up. At times reading the post the mysterious retune button scares me and makes me think the simplicity of the Vaq. is the way to go. From what you said though SpiritRelic it sounds as if the retune button is just resetting the threshold to maintain it. Part of me says take the simplicity and depth of the Vaq. and part says take the Outlaw with all the coils and more linear disc. I know I would do good choosing either machine, but want to be positive I make the right choice. I will check the video out tomorrow, thanks for taking the time to post it. Tesoro should be paying SpiritRelic, Gunnar, and 53Silver commisions because your great videos have sold more than one Tesoro hands down!

Thanks for the video. Haven't had my Outlaw out for two months. Gives me the itch to get out again. Very informative.

SpiritRelic, you are doing great using the no motion mode. Like I've said before, it works like a giant ProPointer.:)

The re-tune (de-tune) on the Outlaw works the same as the re-tune (de-tune) on the ProPointer. It's not complicated at all, once you use it and understand what's going on.

Way to go! :cheers:

tabman

spirit great video , what can i say , you took the words out of my mouth, you can get that little coal in places that no coal can go and with the No motion hear a deep target and then get situated and check it in disc, and like you say you can have the gain cranked and just flip the switch , I have been out with it on bone hill and its doing great , I have to say I really like the outlawr, as far as jewlry hnting, the outlaw would be my choice but i still want a Vaquero I have always wanted one just dont have the money if i was just looking for Gold rings i would take the VAqero but coins the Outlawr How can you ride 15 miles and hunt 4 hours that amazes me

Relic, I found the video interesting and informative. However, if you were hunting in all metal no motion, why would you bother the set the discrimination as it isn't functional in all metal? Or did you switch into disc to help possibly ID the targets?

Rainyday - If I were in your shoes as to which detector, it would depend on what you already have or don't have. If you don't have other detectors I'd go with the Outlaw, 3 coil package,due to the extra coils.
You'll find lots of goodies with either so you can't go too wrong.
BB

Barber bill,i would hunt in the no motion mode,in this mode the operator is responsible for retuning the detector via the retune button.This was such a nice feeling hunting this way in a wooded type situation because it is so easy to miss targets due to the rough terrain.I would get a signal in no motion and flip to disc to identity the target.If it came in(disc set between iron and foil)i dug it.If it dropped out it is almost for sure rusted nail or small iron.And the Outlaw really surprised me with the small coil.I dug deep small 22 bullets,small 22 shells.The audio is the best i have heard.The disc seems better than most i have ran into.Rainyday from me having two vaquero's and i myself am getting a third one to finish off my gang.That is a hard call between the two.The vaquero has raw power,and the outlaw is laid back and smooth.I myself think the outlaw is not only going to be a rising star relic detector,but will be one of the best jewelry detectors on the market.Time will tell.

Okay Relic, got it. I've often thought that detecting in all metal for coins would be a good way to go because digging trash that masked a coin would usually reveal the coin when retrieved. Of course in really trashy areas where this might be the most productive, one could get really frustrated between good targets.
BB