Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Outlaw vs Silver µmax audio tones ?

cal

My question is, will the Outlaw audio tones be the same as the Silver µmax? I saw a video on youtube demonstrating a Silver µmax with the setting on iron, the difference tones between can slaw, foil, sports drink foil and silver gold rings by raising the coil. Can the Outlaw do this? I am looking at the outlaw or the vaquero for some sports field, deep sand volley ball courts, playgrounds ect. My ground around here is normally reasonably mild,but those volleyball sand courts are tougher. Any helpful advice is appreciated. I am now using a Teknetics Omega and Gamma. Want a little more analog to go with my arsenal.

The Silver has a single tone, just like the outlaw and Vaquero, maybe you saw the Golden, as it has the tone ID and the wide & Narrow notch

The Outlaw or the Vaquero will do excellent for sports field & tot lot hunting. This type hunting people are normally after jewelry, so you must dig all repeatable targets above iron. you start notching out, pull tabs , can slaw, tin foil, you will start to lose the jewelry ...good luck & H&H

Cal...i know of the video that you saw, the guy who made it is no longer a forum member here, he posts on other forums.

The video of the Silver µMAX is a very good video and have never tried that experiment with my Outlaw with aluminum trash.

The Outlaw has a very good audio and for the purpose of hunting in nail infested areas, I think it is great!

Just saw the video and it was the silver umax .... I think a hunter would be chancing it for jewelry hunting.

Thanks to all! The silver was never in consideration mainly because of no ground balance as well as other factors. The Vaquero and Outlaw are in my considerations, only. I have had the Vaquero before and wished I hadn't traded it off. The outlaw sounds good ,but I have only seen videos and pictures. Again thanks for your comments and advise from all! Cal