Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Outlaw

wildwest

I am looking at the Tesoro Outlaw package (with 3 different coil sizes) as advertised in the January W & E Treasures. Anybody had any experience with it?
I'm currently using a Fisher CZ6 (about a 20 yr old machine) which isn't a bad detector but it doesn't have an external speaker so you have to use headphones.
I like the idea of 3 coils, but I'm wondering if I'd end up digging a lot more junk than I do now because it doesn't seem to give a lot of info about what's under your coil before you dig it.
Thanks

Those of us that are serious "beep and diggers" become fairly well accomplished at recognizing whether a target is likely trash or a goodie after putting in enough time that we recognize subtle differnces in the tone. That, along with a bit of practice thumbing the discrimination knob one can do quite well recognizing coins versus trash. It does take some hours on the machine to become proficient, but the bonus is the audible turns out to be helpful on ID machines as well.
BB

Its disc is fairly good , as far as depth in average soil its going to get 4 to 6 " deep on dimes but it really likes gold and can hit gold deeper, I don't know what it is about tesoroes but they love gold & brass I mostly used mine in the woods its not a depth moster but average, and i say that in comparison to my bliss which is deep, but i got it with soccer fields in mind, but was not able to get out even one time this year i would not recommend using the retune in disc it confuses lots of users, i only needed it in no motion all metal , I can tell you I love the threshold all metal its smooth and daily deep can be adjusted for small things or just the meat and potaoes. I like the machine to me you can't beat it in a sports field or sand lot the 7" DD gets you better depth in mineralized ground and the 8" concentric is a charm and a great pinpointer DD coils can be tricky pinpointing some targets but not the 8" concentric and i might say its light and that makes a big difference I bet you make more good finds with it that a VDI machine. as far as hunting a farm field I would prefer the vaquero as it is a deeper machine than the outlaw hope this helps Gunnar MN

Well WildWest,

If you are using a CZ6..I'm sure that you know that it has trouble with rusty nails. I had a CZ5 that I used in the usual places that had lots of nails
and it would 'high tone' on the rusty nails off the edge of the coil. Then when you centered the nail, it would do the iron buzz tone. With the CZ5 I would
set it up with 0 disc so the iron tone would come through. It was a good machine and plenty deep but it had trouble with the nails and other small iron.

If you have places like what I mentioned above, then that is a place that the Outlaw will excell at. I run mine in the older places with lots of nails, it is a good
relic hunter at picking the non ferrous targets out of the rusty iron crap. I like to hunt around old homesteads where there are lots of iron in the ground. This Outlaw
is a lot like the older Tesoro machines, it has a great iron discrimination circuit. I've had more experience with it's older siblings like the Bandido and Pantera as I have
only about a dozen hours on the Outlaw.

Yes, it it is a beep and dig detector and it does not have a meter to talk you out of digging a target. If you want to coin hunt, just set it up with the disc. to knock out pulltabs.
Then if you are at a site that you can dig it all, I set the disc. at minimun and dig all solid and semi=solid signals, I've turned up some neat stuff and even a civil war relic or two.

Did you know that an eagle cuff button is in the same target ID range as a pulltab? Something to think about around an old abandoned house over a hundred years old.

Hombre said:
Did you know that an eagle cuff button is in the same target ID range as a pulltab? Something to think about around an old abandoned house over a hundred years old.

Good point Hombre.

So does a war nickel and most of the gold rings that I have found this year. I knew that, but I did some testing again just yesterday to reconfirm what I already knew.

One gold ring fell in the nickel range, one just below zinc and all the rest fell in the pull tab range.

tabman