Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Outlaw's discrimination compared to H.O.T. units...

pinenut

How many of you have used any of the "H.O.T." Tesoros (Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon) as well the Outlaw? If you have used both, did you find their discrimination to be just as capable with either type?
I think the disc is "cleaner" with some older Tesoro models than my Vaquero and Tejon, and I'm wondering how good it is with the Outlaw... Opinions?

In my opinion, the Outlaw has the best disc of any current production Tesoro, with the stock 8" coil it is one the best cherry picking coin machines out there.

I have always thought that "up to a point" the deeper seeking units possibly get that extra depth at the expense of some discrimination.? This is probably one of the reasons why you hear people say they feel the Outlaw discriminates smoother in the thickest of trash...not quite as noisy as a H.O.T. unit. The Outlaw because of it's circuitry design is more like the older Tesoros that were known for smooth discrimination versus overall raw depth.

Yes I agree. Although I have not used the outlaw, I have used the vaquero. I have had an eldorado, conquistador, silver sabre 2, silver umax and bandito big box. Some models I have owned more than once. I now have the silver sabre umax, bandito 2 umax and an amigo. I find their disc to be better than the HOT units as well

I have owned several tesoro's over the years including the outlaw and bandido 2 micromax at the same time. The outlaw I had was not as deep as my Bandido about on the same level as my eldorados. Seemed to have the same disc range as the eldorados. It would disc out a dime and still get a quarter etc. Opted to keep the Bandido 2 instead.

outlaw is better but still not as good as the Compadre close though. Cibola is pretty good but not as good. V is another beast really not sure where it fits but it is sensitive !!

AJ