Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro: Take a good look at the replies !!!!

CWRelichunter

Tesoro,

I just counted about 50 replies to your post asking your customers what they wanted in future Tesoro products. Considering the post has 759 VIEWS at present, how sad is it that 50 people took the time to respond.

Unfortunately, some of those 50 posts did not offer any assistance to you, but they mocked the other posts, and simply tried to be humorous to a very serious subject matter. How sad for your company. If the same type of post from another manufacturer was made on another forum, I would be surprised if less than 50% of the VIEWS did not respond back with USEFUL advise.

Yes, there will always be children playing word games and trying to be funny no matter what the forum is, but 50 out of 759 is embarrassing I would say.

Good luck to your company.

J in FL

I guess I do not understand your logic, this site covers all detectors, not just Tesoro. There are always lurkers that do not post, I was a lurker before joining this site, and often lurk in other sections on this site and rarely post.

I think folks are passionate about their brand "Tesoro" and want them to succeed, I also think there are folks that question their business strategy, and may feel they have been milking the cow dry, and are venting their frustration. Some posts are constructive and others are not, I chalk it up as human nature.

The question and method were simple. If we didn't believe that we could take away at least a small percentage of the replies as ideas regardless, then you're right.... It's almost useless. The important aspect of surveying a customer base is the feedback, no matter what the numbers are. We as human beings cannot expect everyone to 1. have an opinion, 2. state that opinion opening, or 3. make use of a forum for which most companies in this industry wouldn't ask anyway. We appreciate all of the feedback, small and large, good and bad.

I guess I read something else. I saw a lot of constructive comments and some good ideas. Personally, I think some people make some assumptions about the viability of the Tesoro brand when, in reality, unless you are in senior management at Tesoro you're in no position to know how profitable the company is or how their future will play out. How many machines do they make a year? What is their profit margin? How about ROI on equipment? We are not, nor should we be, privy to that information.

The way I see it, Tesoro offers a niche product that no one else does. Who else produces a line of detectors that don't rely on digital screens, are the lightest out there, and work reliably for years? The lifetime warranty is a statement as to the inherent quality of the product. Some argue quite vocally that the lack of a target ID screen is a shortcoming, but there are a lot of is who disagree and see that as a good thing. I think Tesoro needs to stick to their roots and keep developing product that is in line with what they do best.

Just my 2 cents...

Dan

I agree with lurkers. I also think alot of people are simply happy with their current machines. Alot of folks don't know any different than what they are used to and are just fine with Tesoro. That a good thing. On the flip side, many of us have other models or have owned other models in the past and we start to compare cool features. Than there is a mix like me. I would love to see more up to date features. I like to joke. I'm passionate. I know I can get those features on so many other machines if I WANT to. But you know what, I like American made, lifetime warranty, powerful, lightweight, great customer service too. I don't call it mocking, I call it having fun in a much too serious generation.

Let's not forget that we also check that post multiple times. Heck, I check that thing 20 times a day. I assume it counts me everytime?

CWRelichunter said:
Tesoro,

I just counted about 50 replies to your post asking your customers what they wanted in future Tesoro products. Considering the post has 759 VIEWS at present, how sad is it that 50 people took the time to respond.

Unfortunately, some of those 50 posts did not offer any assistance to you, but they mocked the other posts, and simply tried to be humorous to a very serious subject matter. How sad for your company. If the same type of post from another manufacturer was made on another forum, I would be surprised if less than 50% of the VIEWS did not respond back with USEFUL advise.

Yes, there will always be children playing word games and trying to be funny no matter what the forum is, but 50 out of 759 is embarrassing I would say.

Good luck to your company.

J in FL

Amen, If the Tesoros folks really want any changes, then why aren't they giving constructive or helpful ideas or thoughts? Most are just mocking type post.

So why is it a big deal to you on how many replies they got? Maybe many are happy with their machines as is and don't find much to improve on. I saw many productive ideas.

Allow me to add the perspective from a somewhat outsiders view.

I started out with Tesoro back in the day with the Mayan and then the Inca so Tesoro will always hold a special place in my heart. Both metered/display detectors. I owned a few before them but these were my first serious machines. Ironically, I eventually with the a non-display Garrett Freedom. In my opinion Tesoro just chose not to compete in the detector market. They don't own any group as there are plenty of other detector manufacturers making light weight cheap detectors, they just happen to have displays on them. Pretty basic concept if you ask me. A detector with out a display, today, is like a car without a radio. If you don't use it, don't look at it, but have it for those who do so you don't limit your crowd.

I think this is the frustration we see from the dedicated Tesoro people.

dan b said:
I guess I read something else. I saw a lot of constructive comments and some good ideas. Personally, I think some people make some assumptions about the viability of the Tesoro brand when, in reality, unless you are in senior management at Tesoro you're in no position to know how profitable the company is or how their future will play out. How many machines do they make a year? What is their profit margin? How about ROI on equipment? We are not, nor should we be, privy to that information.

The way I see it, Tesoro offers a niche product that no one else does. Who else produces a line of detectors that don't rely on digital screens, are the lightest out there, and work reliably for years? The lifetime warranty is a statement as to the inherent quality of the product. Some argue quite vocally that the lack of a target ID screen is a shortcoming, but there are a lot of is who disagree and see that as a good thing. I think Tesoro needs to stick to their roots and keep developing product that is in line with what they do best.

Just my 2 cents...

Dan

"niche product" is the very key as to why Tesoro remains competitive. Knobs & no screens. For example, if a Tesoro version of an MXT was made, that move would put Tesoro in direct competition with a WELL established, big seller from White's. Tesoro would suffer greatly. I had many White's including the MXT, GMT, & VX3i. I have had Minelab P.I. machines, the Safari and the Minelab 50. I now have the Outlaw and love it. Good Lord! The safari sounded like two Star Wars robots arguing over the composition of the object under the coil. If I wanted that, I would BUY that. I do agree that Tesoro machines could use some tweeking; maybe even bringing back some old models with a few upgrades. Manuel ground balancing is very important; auto balance would be great! Loved it in my Lobo.

I agree. Try to come up head to head with some of the major players and you better:

1) Have engineers more capable then they do, produce a superior product, and market it more effectively
2) Make a product just as capable, mirroring their feature list, but sell it cheaper

Failure to do that results in another Cortes. Very capable machine, lacking bells and whistles but priced way too high. I had a Cortes, really loved it, but there is no way I would have bought that new and paid full list.

I still maintain that they need to stick with what they do best. Like tab hunter said, if I wanted a full feature TDI machine with colour screens and gps there are already machines like that to choose from.

Dan

Unless a Target ID machine can tell me without a doubt that my target is 100% what the screen shows me it is, then I have no use for a screen. I don't have time nor care to debate each and every dig,
If I hear a solid , repeatable tone, then I simply dig it and move on to the next. I guess Target ID machines are good for the lazy people who are afraid of a little bending and digging, but I'll gladly retrieve what your machine misses or mis-identifies! I get 3x the treasure while you are staring at your screen!

I will beep and dig till I die.

To be honest, Tesoro ALREADY has some capable machines-they, for some reason, just don't add g/b control for the motion discriminate mode. That's the biggest puzzle of all.:surprised:

deliveryboy said:
Unless a Target ID machine can tell me without a doubt that my target is 100% what the screen shows me it is, then I have no use for a screen. I don't have time nor care to debate each and every dig,
If I hear a solid , repeatable tone, then I simply dig it and move on to the next. I guess Target ID machines are good for the lazy people who are afraid of a little bending and digging, but I'll gladly retrieve what your machine misses or mis-identifies! I get 3x the treasure while you are staring at your screen!

I know better than that.
But then again, if you really think "LESS IS MORE", you could always get a stick with a long nail in the end of it, poke it in the ground and dig all solid hits.

I have two Tesoro Compadres, one with the 5.75 coil and the other is 7". I didn't comment but my thought would be Tesoro would be very happy with the amount of feedback and people that just looked, all positive in my book, at this point the post had over 2500 lookers and over 70 posts. I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion, but I'm happy as heck with my Compadres!!!

WV

plidn1 said:
deliveryboy said:

I know better than that.
But then again, if you really think "LESS IS MORE", you could always get a stick with a long nail in the end of it, poke it in the ground and dig all solid hits.

I never said "less is more", I simply have all I need, but with your mindset you could add satellite tv and a 32" screen with bluetooth and you will still find no more than me.

I guess Target ID machines are good for the lazy people who are afraid of a little bending and digging, but I'll gladly retrieve what your machine misses or mis-identifies! I get 3x the treasure while you are staring at your screen!

LOL ya, tell me when you turn 60 OK?

I spent my young years playing the "I dig it all" routine and now I'm paying the price. And you know what? All it ever really got me was more crap in my pouch. Not keepers, but crap. I'm a lot wiser now and a bit more selective on what I choose to bend over for. There is no 100% but I ALWAYS come home with far more keepers than trash. I used to not care if I spent the afternoon picking up trash hoping for that lone masked keeper. What I found was my time was far more valuable than that and a good target ID machine is well worth the money for me.

The right tool for the right job! Sometimes, at least in my case, a good target ID is the right tool for the job.

Southwind said:
I guess Target ID machines are good for the lazy people who are afraid of a little bending and digging, but I'll gladly retrieve what your machine misses or mis-identifies! I get 3x the treasure while you are staring at your screen!

LOL ya, tell me when you turn 60 OK?

I spent my young years playing the "I dig it all" routine and now I'm paying the price. And you know what? All it ever really got me was more crap in my pouch. Not keepers, but crap. I'm a lot wiser now and a bit more selective on what I choose to bend over for. There is no 100% but I ALWAYS come home with far more keepers than trash. I used to not care if I spent the afternoon picking up trash hoping for that lone masked keeper. What I found was my time was far more valuable than that and a good target ID machine is well worth the money for me.

The right tool for the right job! Sometimes, at least in my case, a good target ID is the right tool for the job.
Damn straight! I agree, wholeheartedly!