Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Tejon 2015 model DD coil test results, in NorCal soil

To follow up on this one;

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2265097

Now the test results in Auburn, CA gold country soil, counting good repeatable hits with moderate swing speed.

Battery 5 - 6 beeps, in disc mode, Sens 10, silent disc 1 just over iron, Headphones, 2015 model tesoro 11x8" DD coil.

1974 Penny= 9” air powertuned, 5" in ground when power tuned.

Nickel= 9.75” air powertuned, 6" in ground when power tuned.

Dime= 8.75” air powertuned, 3" in ground when power tuned.

Quarter= 10.5” air powertuned, 6" in ground when power tuned.

Seems that it struggled with most with the dime and quarter (if you look at the depth loss when in the ground compared to the air test)

That copper penny gave that nice smooth sound that i know from other Tesoro machines when metal detecting in Europe, clad coins are new to me, and do sound different (to me).

Als noticed, this Tejon with the new model 11x8 DD coil does not like a fast sweep speed, especially on the dime i had to slow it down.

With the Lobo coil installed it is a lot 'quicker'; can sweep a good bit faster, but lose about an inch in depth wh a uarer (only tested on the quarter)

But that lobo coil sure is nice when there's a bunch of iron nails or other scrap around; it pics out the good targets really well.

sounds like some really mineralized soil . Tejon did better in my dirt .