Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Tejon/Vaquero :tesoro::usaflag: A Little Peace And Relaxation:detecting:

tabman

I've been selling some unwanted stuff on line that I need to either throw out or sell and it got me all in a dither and frustrated having to deal with it. I needed to grab a couple of Tesoro detectors to have some fun and not have to fool with a bunch of settings, tones and ID numbers. I decided to go back over a small site that I have hit really hard lately with a couple of other brands of detectors to see what they left behind. My first good find was a sterling silver charm bracelet using the Tejon. It was in four pieces, well actually there were 5 pieces, because I lost a tiny silver link that attaches a charm to the bracelet when I was cleaning my finds. How the Tejon found something that small is just amazing. Two of the charms were a couple of feet from where I found the main part of the bracelet. I was running the discrimination just high enough to knockout iron nails. I decided to switch over to the Vaquero with the same discrimination setting. I got a kind of a mixed broken soft audio tone with a little depth to it, so I decided to dig. I unearthed a 1898 Barber Dime. I"m feeling better already!:) I put the plug back in place and swung the coil over the area to see what might have masked it for my other detectors. I got another signal in the discriminate mode. I dug another plug several inches from where I found the Barber Dime and found a piece of small copper wire about 5 inches long all wadded up. I also found a couple of deep wheat pennies (1922, 1919), a 1887 Indian Head Penny, a Buffalo Nickel, a token and a junk bracelet. I really had a good time today with my Tesoro detectors. They're just plain fun to use and they don't miss much.:thumbup:

tabman

Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20002_zpsq8bpof8n.jpg
Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20003_zps4ixgmk9f.jpg

Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20009_zpsxso6pmde.jpg
Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20011_zpslxhnxxut.jpg

Tejon%20Vaquero%20Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20006_zpsjnpmxsmb.jpg
Tejon%20Vaquero%20Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20013_zpsxf6f5zgx.jpg

Tejon%20Vaquero%20Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20002_zps12yemiyl.jpg
Tejon%20Vaquero%20Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20011_zpstppp5wrc.jpg

Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20006_zpslgmewt6z.jpg
Barber%20Dime%20Necklace%20016_zps2rcopr2c.jpg

hatpin said:
You really cleaned up. What is that watch band looking thing ?

Thanks. It's some kind of cheap bracelet.

tabman

kansa54 said:
Great finds Tabman. Was just wondering why you don't use the Tejon more.

The Tejon is hot on nickels (gold rings), but I don't find it any deeper than the Vaquero on silver dimes and it's hot on gold rings as well. To me the Vaquero is just easier to use and I'm more familiar with what it's audio tone is telling me. If I was a big time relic hunter I'd be swinging a Tejon more. That sucker will go deep on tiny buttons. I've been looking for a good deal for a Tesoro 4 pin CleanSweep Coil to see how it would fair on gold chains and rings on sports fields. I do a lot of that type hunting in the hot Summertime. There's less digging.

tabman

Good luck finding that 4 pin CSC :blowup: if you find 2 let me know I will take one :bouncy:

great machines they are and with no screen to consult I got 2 choices dig or move on think more targets come out per hr that way and so well done beep dig sure is fun and more surprising of what's next :clapping:

D03

That is really a beauty of a hunt, Tab! :clapping: Nice photos and write up too..a pleasure to watch you work, Thanks!:please:
Mud

amazing finds tab , looks like a belt sander hit that dime , great digging

WTG Tabman Gonna be just like you when I grow up.I am planning to get out tomorrow with my Vaq.Work nas kept me from hunting for a while.Always enjoy your post.HH

What kind of coil on the Vac

Digga03 said:
Good luck finding that 4 pin CSC :blowup: if you find 2 let me know I will take one :bouncy:

great machines they are and with no screen to consult I got 2 choices dig or move on think more targets come out per hr that way and so well done beep dig sure is fun and more surprising of what's next :clapping:

D03

Thanks. I'll rub my Genie and see if a 4 pin CSC will pop up.:) You just never know what will be unearthed when you're beeping and digging. Now that's exciting!

tabman

mudpuppy said:
That is really a beauty of a hunt, Tab! :clapping: Nice photos and write up too..a pleasure to watch you work, Thanks!:please:
Mud

Thanks. Lately it has been a lot of grunting when I'm getting up and down to dig targets. I slowly getting back into shape.

tabman

CZconnoisseur said:
Great assortment of coins there! I'm tempted to loan you my detector and have you check the same spot!

Thanks. Better yet, we can go together to that site and check each others targets as we find them.

tabman

kaolinwasher said:
amazing finds tab , looks like a belt sander hit that dime , great digging

Thanks. That dime had passed a few hands before it got lost.

tabman

metalfun said:
WTG Tabman Gonna be just like you when I grow up.I am planning to get out tomorrow with my Vaq.Work nas kept me from hunting for a while.Always enjoy your post.HH

Thanks. It's takes some time and effort to stop and take pictures. Writing something in a post about the hunt and the detector used takes time as well. I know how much that I enjoy reading other people's posts with pictures of their finds, so I try my best to return the favor. Those kind of posts gets me motivated to get out and detect.:detecting:

tabman

Nice digs Tab. I was also surprised at the smallest things the Tejon can find at depth.

I also enjoy the simplicity of hunting with a Tesoro. No menus, numbers, R2D2 orgasm of 100's of tones, and other menu features to distract me from having fun. There is a lot to be said about the simple effectiveness of the mighty Tesoro.