Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Toltec 100

OZDigger

Noting that a Toltec 100 is currently listed on Australian Ebay, does anyone have any opinions on these machines.

I bought one about 5 or 6 years ago at a reasonable price, it is a good coin shooter but it is a bit top heavy and unbalanced. The control box can be body mounted if you have the factory body mount plate and this takes the weight off the pole. Very accurate meter when calibrated right, mine needs to be sent in for re-calibration and I'll pay the $50 service charge since I bought it second hand. The discrimination does not go low enough for small gold items but if you are after coins, it is a dandy machine for that. It is a very old and outdated design but I like mine because it has a lot of knobs and switches to play with for full control over the detector. I'm a little old and outdated myself:biggrin:

:cool:That Toltec 100 on Craigslist is a scam. The same detector is listed in several states with no phone number, just an email address. The email ID has changed several times and the asking price went from 150 dollars to 50 dollars. One example is the Oklahoma City craigslist. I emailed 3 times with no response. Buyers beware :unsure: