Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Tones

Normx2

I often see comments about Tesoros lacking multi tone capability?

I've never understood that because any Tesoro I've ever used has a large range of tones that have a lot to say about a target. There's blips, squeaks, beeps, buzzes, solids, longs, cracks, pops, shorts, highs, and lows that say so much. But of course like anything else you have to use a Tesoro long enough to understand what it's saying.

Jack Gifford knew what he was doing and as far as I know even today Tesoros are in a league of their own supporting my Dad's old theory.... "if it ain't broke? leave it the hell alone son."

Normx2 said:
Tesoros are in a league of their own supporting my Dad's old theory.... "if it ain't broke? leave it the hell alone son."

Swung Tesoro(s) for 22yrs. They apparently "left it the hell alone" and look where they're at now? people want information and Tesoro(s) don't give much. Depends on what you chase? If someone asked me for a relic hunter I'd most likely recommend a Tejon....a coinshooter….most any other machine that gives more info with at least multi tones...…….jmo

This post reminds me so much of Tabdog- whom I've often wondered about- his health and even if he's still around. He worked with electronics on a survey crew and his experience with one of their locators paid off with his Tesoros. He could almost with certainty guess the identity of his target from the peculiarities of the tones.

Fortunately there's a wide choice of detectors available today to satisfy everyone individual opinion of what works and what doesn't.

slingshot said:
This post reminds me so much of Tabdog- whom I've often wondered about- his health and even if he's still around. He worked with electronics on a survey crew and his experience with one of their locators paid off with his Tesoros. He could almost with certainty guess the identity of his target from the peculiarities of the tones.

Tabdog posted on another forum yesterday .

dirt doctor said:
slingshot said:

Glad to know he's OK. Thanks.

dirt doctor said:
slingshot said:

Haven't seen a post from Tabdog in close to ten years on any forum. He was banned from here ☹️

gwsears said:
dirt doctor said:
slingshot said:

Haven't seen a post from Tabdog in close to ten years on any forum. He was banned from here ☹️
He may have passed away as his health was failing.

I screwed up by getting mixed up between Tabdog and tabman .. It was tabman who recently posted on the other forum .

About the tones. Paying attention to them and amount of time hunting is what works for me. While park hunting, I'll try to guess (we all do) what the machine is saying. That solid double beep, usually means a coin. I swear that I can predict if Q, D or penny about 60% of the time. Pull tabs, well they still suck me in most of the time. Especially the beaver tailed ones. Course there's plenty of iffy signals you just gotta dig. I do admit that I can understand my Mojave better than my TV. Using 70 year old hearing system.

Dancer said:
About the tones. Paying attention to them and amount of time hunting is what works for me. While park hunting, I'll try to guess (we all do) what the machine is saying. That solid double beep, usually means a coin. I swear that I can predict if Q, D or penny about 60% of the time. Pull tabs, well they still suck me in most of the time. Especially the beaver tailed ones. Course there's plenty of iffy signals you just gotta dig. I do admit that I can understand my Mojave better than my TV. Using 70 year old hearing system.
Yeah- it amazes me sometimes the dime is louder than the wider, softer signal of the quarter! And the nickel can get even louder!

Yes. I just try and tune my ears to hear that smooth mellow sound. With my Golden Sabre Plus I just turn the disc all the way down and listen. Dig some trash but also my share of goodies.